Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

went from minelab 70 to f75 got rid of it now im back

jreb

I recently traded my 70 for a f75. In my opinion it is a chattering piece of crap. I guess if you spent a year perfecting it it may be better I don't know. But I love an xterra I have done very well with it in the past so I have no plans of upgrading. My friends use a f75 ltd and a whites v3i and we all do about the same but I don't dig as many holes because I know my machine and they're machines are so complex they are still on the learning curve. Let them learn im gonna clean up!

I've tried about everything out there and still find my X-TERRA tough to beat for weight, balance, depth, sensitivity, TID, separation, smooth operation, build quality..........etc, etc, etc. Simply put, it is an excellent "all-around" detector. Good to have you back! HH Randy

I know what you mean jreb. I went down a similar path. Bought an Omega and wasn't happy so now the only light weight detector I own, is the X-Terra 70. Curiosity is a nasty thing sometimes.:nono: I'm still a bit curious about 2 detectors though. The Garrett AT Pro and the Whites V3i. As I've already got 3 detectors, I'm not going to buy anymore for a while though. The X-Terra, Explorer and GTI are plenty for me.
Have fun.
Mick Evans.

I sold my 705 and got a T2. Does much better in my bad ground than the 705. Don't get me wrong.. the 705 is a great machine, but the T2 is just better in my ground. I think it comes down to location and hunting style. After many in ground tests.. coins that came up as iron on the 705 come up as good diggable signals on my T2. I DO miss my 705, but definitely improved my finds here in Oregon by switching brands. I think I have a situation that is not typical for most soils as the Fe3o4 meter on my T2 is pegged and it ground balances in the upper 80's to 90's here. Black sand all over the place.

On the: AMDS Adventure Forum - AMDS Metal Detecting Forum (akmining dot com)

Under: Fisher F75 Special Edition and Gold

08(August)-14-2011 Just lately Steve Herschbach said,
"I looked forward to the introduction of the Fisher F75 with great anticipation since the lead engineer behind it was Dave Johnson. Dave has had a hand in many of the best VLF gold detectors ever designed.

I admit to being put off when I got my first F75. The stupid thing seemed to false constantly when I used it in Anchorage. And on top of that there were numerous reports of problems with product quality issues from users far and wide. I sold my first unit in fairly short order.

But then my friend George reported how much he liked his F75. Then buddy John got one and reported how great it was. Then detector pal Gary told me how much he liked his. Obviously I was missing something.

So I got an F75 Special Edition, an all black limited edition model with gold trim, which comes with two coils and which has a special Boost Mode for extra depth where it can be used...

...No machine does it all, but the F75 Special Edition is a detector that I will be using a lot in 2012 because for what it does well it does exceptionally well. What it still does not do well is run quietly in urban areas. The machine is rock solid out in the middle of nowhere but is a chatterbox in town. Still, I like how it feels on my arm and I am convinced I have an edge on the next guy. I can't ask for more than that. And it shows how a detector that I once disliked can end up being one of my favorites."

Here here Randy I am a die hard relic hunter an have found the Xterra 70/705 hard to beat!!!
Digger said:
I've tried about everything out there and still find my X-TERRA tough to beat for weight, balance, depth, sensitivity, TID, separation, smooth operation, build quality..........etc, etc, etc. Simply put, it is an excellent "all-around" detector. Good to have you back! HH Randy

Yeah the minelab is very solid to me. I learned on a tesoro cibola so I really like to hunt by ear I use the vdi more like a back up. The 75 is a good machine no doubt but the chatter kills me. I love the tones on the xterra. In all metal on the 75 you have to constantly watch the screen. I like to look around when I swing my coil.

I found this with the 70 and have no idea why this was in east tn. Have no idea of its age or what it is it looks like a Mayan or incant face with an egyptian head dress.