Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went digging this morning…..

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
Started at a tot lot, got a few coins and the baseball pin. Headed to another place but I noticed a new store being built and lot's of old top dirt spread between curb and parking lot. It was there I got me a nice 1901 Barber quarter, and some relic items. Then lastly I went back to the school and hunted the shady areas where I nabbed a 1911 "V" nickel, and the 1957 Canadian penny. A few misc. finds too. It was nice to see silver in the dirt again.
[attachment 332286 IMG_2350.JPG] [attachment 332287 IMG_2355.JPG]
[attachment 332288 FullSizeRender-3.jpg] [attachment 332289 FullSizeRendercopy2.jpg]

.....Mike...you did really well ! In my area the Heat Index is like 105 degrees so I am staying indoors!! Still recuperating from my double bypass heart surgery of about 5 weeks ago! I really like your Baltimore Orioles Baseball Pendant and what is that item that looks like a Phone?? Anyway glad that someone is able to get out and find the goodies! What detector do you use??

Glad you healing up. 85 here today but I went out early to beat the heat. The phone looking thing is a mystery. It is about a 1/2" thick and made of lead. Where are you at in TX?

.....I live about 35 miles north east of Houston....not too far from Galveston Bay so our humidity is really high!! When I feel better may hit the beaches of Galveston in the evening times!!

You are doing well Mike. I have bought two detectors in the last couple of months but have not went detecting. I sold one of them already and will try this one out for a couple months then sell it too MAYBE.

nice finds gonna try it in the morning and see if I can get past the bees.

Congrats Mike on the oldies and the silver....Yes, seeing a glint of silver when digging a hole really makes a detectorist's day! I have been going through some of my brother's things, as I had never done it....even after he died, so had fun...I don't know what he found digging from those he bought as collectibles but your finds are just as good or better than his! He has one huge zip pouch that he has it seems like tons of foreign coins and looks like even a few Maudi Gras tokens, as they are huge! Just too many to go through and see what all is in this zip bag which is stuffed full right now, but I will slowly go through the coins, tokens and etc. and make a list of them! He also has a small plastic bag of wheat pennies....Hope I find a 1914-D? among them! LOL! He packed them away at the same time I was packing a lot of my stuff, when we thought we were going to move to Cuba, MO, in the house I had bought but after one night in the house and going back to St. Louis, MO, he became more ill and needed to see the dr too often, so we didn't move into it like we had planned! That was in Nov 2008 and then he passed away Aug 12, 2009, as most of you know while in Hospice Care with PAH an incurable disease!

It was difficult to take and I still miss him, so I am just now going through the lock boxes that I stored away in other boxes which I took with me from St. Louis to my sister's place in Newburg, MO. Didn't want to let them be hauled to storage by the moving company, but they did move some of my stuff that I found and collected, so I do not know if I still have most of it or maybe it was stolen.....don't know because ppl can't be trusted even moving companies! I decided after feeling some better and my legs are not so sore and stiff, to start seeing what he had and I was surprised for he has quite a collection of Morgan Mint and other Mint collectibles, but I believe they took advantage of him from what I see the poor condition of most of the mint sets! He could have done better by ordering from the US Mint and not depended on other mints to sell him the US minted coins....except for the Silver Mint Sets, they are US Mint but poorly picked over! I can see why my brother never had much money and was always broke! lol.....too bad he didn't collect the really good collectibles! SAD!!

Well, I found coins today of various sizes, dates and metals so I guess, you can say I had a good day, today, finding hidden coins! Had to find the keys to open the metal boxes, too! SMILE! God Bless and Happy Hunting everyone! :angel: Ma

PS I sold the Cuba, MO home in 2010 and now I have a Duplex in Cuba, MO that I purchased in 2014, after moving from St. Louis, MO...I was only with my sister for a short time! Wish she would sell her place and move nearer to me, so we could see each other more often and help one another, too! Ma