Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went detecting this morning, ouch:minelab:

BAMofNH

Wanted to go detecting this morning, but had 2nd thoughts when I woke to the wind wailing outside and a dusting of snow had fallen. I have a very bad habit now, "Detector Nut". Talked myself into going. So my wife and I got to the beach and headed out.
It was still sanded in, looks like the dry sand is being pulled down, a lot. Not surprised we were all alone. The temp was about 22 degrees, that wasn't bad, we've done that before. It was the wind, it was steady at about 25mph and gusting a lot to 35 mph. I check the wind chill chart when we got home, it put the temp to about 1 degree, yea.:clapping: My wife brought some of her knitting in-case she wanted to go back to the car. She stuck it out though, what a Trooper:help:.:surrender: Well we both only made it 35 minutes. The north west wind was blowing the dry sand down to what should have been wet sand. It was low tide and instead of 100' of wet sand there was only about 10'. The dry sand didn't stop blowing. When ever there was a gust it looked as if we were detecting after a Captain Morgans Party. (Stagger, Stagger, Stagger) Anyone up on the road must have been laughing. Almost went down a couple of times. My scoop kept getting blown into my leg. OK, can't feel my finger tips anymore, time to go. We left with a dime, a penny, and 3 piece of foil.:nopity:
Got to the car warmed up my finger tips, :happy:(they hurt worse warming them back up) and said to my self "you woisy, go to another beach" :crazy:so off I went, headed a few miles south to a beach that had a little more protection from the north west winds.
Got there and it was much better or I was still numb and it just felt better.:shrug: This time she stayed in the car.:wave: After about an hour she came looking for me. She said, "I thought I should check on you in-case you got wet and froze here". :wacko: I hadn't found any rings and I was determined to keep going. So I stayed another 20 minutes and still nothing. She was starting to look a little chilly so I called it a hunt. I'm still a little numb typing this.:nopity: So the scoop: NO jewelry, $1.08 in clad, 2- half destroyed matchboxes, a game token, a fishing weight, and some of the regular trash foil and tabs.
I Can't Wait To Do It All Over Again. :crazy::detecting:

Good to see someone else from n. h. thats not afraid of a little COOOOOOOOL weather. I was in my wet suit wed in a lake in southern n.h. hate it when I have to break the thin ice with my scoop.Only way your going to get the gold is to hunt for it. Stay warm hunting Don Tyler

Geez but you guys in the northern territories are a hard core bunch. I don't know whether to salute you for your toughness or worry about your sanity, lol.
Jerry

Since it takes me almost 1 1/2 hours to get to the beach, sanity tells me to stay home in this kind of weather, it's just not worth the trip. Especially with the gas prices the way they are. When one starts getting up in age, the chill sets in faster and the bones just don't like it.

I know some of you will say just buy some warm waders and gloves. But once again the expense doesn't justify the end result. That still doesn't put me any closer to the beach. Unless we get some unseasonable warm temps I think I'll be happy just staying home with a hot cup of coffee and reading what everyone else is doing in the cold. When spring gets here I'll get started once more. Until then I'll stick close to home and go out locally when it's warm enough.

To all the rest of you hearty people, go for it. I'll be waiting to read what you've found.

Happy Hunting!!! :detecting:

Good luck Beachunter, At least its not as windy as saturday I will be in Beverly, My daughters collage having a holiday get together.Ponds starting to ice up, so my weekend hunts will probably be at the beach. Hope to see you. and again good luck and enjoy Don Tyler PS last ring may be platinum. waiting for test chemical, I have the ones for gold not platinum.

Well Good Luck today, I have a family Christmas Party today and I cant sneak out of this one. Yesterdays winds were the killer, today looks good so you should be comfortable. It's 20.7 degrees and rising here. Wishing I was on my way to the beach right now but I think when I got back there would be a noose waiting for me. Arh, maybe I should hide the rope and then sneak out. :crazy: Still might take it with me and --- nah better not. Good luck

I am still waiting for my Goldquest SS Aqua Search to come back. I will probely have to use my 7MM wetsuit if the ice doen't get to thick or just stay home and gloat at all the pictures of your rings.