Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went Back to the Thug Park, Found a Little Gold

Vol Fan

Well, on the way home, passed the park that is usually over run with thugs. It had turned a little cold, so I guess they were afraid of having to pull up their pants or risk getting chapped butt cracks. The boys saw it empty and begged to go play, as it is a really nice playground with slides, climbing walls, all new equipment. So we work it out, we will go, but if dad says time to go, head straight to the van immediately, no questions asked. I decided to nose around the play ground, and started popping change out every where. Also your usual array of foil, pull tabs, and even a bullet (yikes) :yikes:

Started searching around the swings and get a low foil signal. Ready really shallow. Kick the mulch aside and this beauty is laying right under the surface. Thought, Nah...gotta be junk. Checked it inside, stamped 10K actually stamped GTR 10K

That's really nice.

J

Hopefully can get a value for it. Just hope I find an honest one, and not someone looking to jerk me around. My wife says sell it, she is not much into jewelry anyway, and thinks it would just look too gaudy on her hand. So once I get the info on the stone, it is off to e-bay.

Can't complain about that find at all! Very Sharp Looking Ring! The stone has to be real but if it isn't, who cares, she's still an Eye Catcher. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you.:detecting:

Thanks man, first one I have found with a stone in it. My heart skipped a beat, I think, when I saw it. All I could think of was get out of here before someone comes and steals it from you. Got me motivated though. I can think of 2 other playgrounds off hand that I will hit now that it is getting cooler out. They should be emptied out now. I'll will certainly let you guys know if it is real. you will likely hear me shouting all the way from Knoxville.

I did a little research on the GTR marking. It appears on rings manufactured by Samuel Aaron/JM Fox, Inc; 31-00 47th Avenue; Long Island, NY 11101; 718-392-5454. They manufacture a ring after an independent artist designs it, so GTR may be the initials of the artist. Sorry I could not find out any more and I hope this is accurate. Never know about all the stuff on the internet..

Thanks man, appreciate the info

Bad news is the stone is an aquamarine. Very very pale blue, I did not even notice the blue tint. Good news is I found a very nice jeweler to use in the future. This is the first time I have tried to find out something about a piece of jewelry I have found. First time finding one with a stone. E-mailed a couple of the bigger names here locally asking if htey could help me determine the type of stone in a ring if I brought it in. Not a single one replied. Then started calling, was told nope won't do it. One told me to go find an appraiser in a very snotty tone of voice, told her I did not even know if it was worth appraising, told her I did not want an appraisal, I just wanted to know what kind of stone was in it. Zero help. Then I happened to remember a small store I pass on my way to work. Called them, they were closing in 30 minutes, would take me 20 to get there. They said come on and we will check it out for you. It is a husband and wife run shop.

Not only did they check it out, but the polished it up, and told me the value was in the ball park of $75 to $100. I asked if they thought it was worth getting it re-shaped, as it was bent. He said let me see it, disappeared for about 5 minutes or so and came back with the ring nice and round again, no charge for any of it. Now, I am not a big jewelry person and neither is my wife, but any business in the future will go to them. I am returning the favor by stopping in to shot some photos for their new website.

Guess now I try to sell the ring out right or maybe try and trade it toward some detecting accessories for my boys. Probably mosey over to e-bay and see if there is anything similar there.

Happy Hunting

Always nice to hear about nice folks who are willing to help other people out.