Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

well, you were right

epi-hunter

Went out today for a couple of hours to an old, well-hunted park. Found no silver or other old coins, just some clad that had been in the ground a long time. For the first time in awhile, I dug the high coin signals that dropped to zinc after switching to salt mode. I got a handful of zinc pennies (expected), plus one 1975 dime. Blahhh.... I am walking over coins that are not just zinc pennies. I am going to have to take your approach Bill, and dig all of this stuff if I want to use enhanced, or else hunt in salt mode (seems to defeat the purpose of the 3d, since all my sites are this way).

NOTE: sorry, I meant this to be a reply to my CZ3d post from yesterday, not a new thread.

Here's what I've been doing with the 3d. Run headphone volume at max, detector volume at 2-2.5 and over time, I can tell the diff between deep and shallow to some extent, as well as sizing the targets somewhat. For example, I saw a zinc hit and knew it did not sound shallow, I checked depth... 7" and I said, that's an indian... right enough, 1903. I run in salt all the time, as many of my sites are similar to yours. I dig iffy signals and feel I get the things the enhanced mode might "help" me get by doing so. If in doubt, dig. Sweep slow and overlap a lot. GB every so often. If sites are really trashy a smaller coil might help, but by slowing your sweep and overlapping you'll probably have better results than just getting a smaller coil and retaining a sloppy fast sweep pattern. Also do not run your sens too high... I keep mine at 4" and feel I'm getting deep enough to get everything.