Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, while you Eastern guys are being bored [what with all that snow], I took a day off and went arrowheading [ Willy... I told you I wuz gonna do th

Micheal_R

Staff member
Actually, it was a pretty good day. I have been working on the Rover pretty much non-stop for the winter [a few side jobs... but mostly the Rover]. I decided to go to Burton to have a look. When I got to Burton, the beach, from a distance, did not look all that good. Lotsa snow and a long walk. however, once down there , I saw we had a fair bit of land to search.

[attachment 47811 burton-beach001.jpg]

The very first item was the little nickle... just laying there on the surface. I was too excited and picked it up before I had a chance to photograph it, in situ.

Next was the arrowhead. This is taken as I saw it, before I even picked it up. Sometimes, things just fall your way. :)You cannot see it here , but when you hold it to the light, there is a beautiful red pattern through it.

[attachment 47814 arrowhead-002.jpg]

And then there is the total finds for today. Everything here was found eyeballing them. I did not even take the detector with me today. It's good to be the first out there searching. Going to try another area tomorrow. :)

[attachment 47816 burton-finds-001.jpg]

calm seas

M

n/t

Of course i am happy for you, truly i am! Butt......i got to also feel bad when i see all that snow you have to deal with, couldn't you get Alice and the Bobkitty down there? Skim the top off?:biggrin::thebird:

n/t

already knew where you were, because I had a nice long talk with your wifey today!! Those were good finds.........I can't wait! :thumbup:

and I'm just itching to get out. Those finds would make my day anytime Mikey. You've got to love it when they just seem to appear like that. The fishscales are always a treat, being so small and all but I'm looking forward to snooping around for arrowheads this spring. And I love the color in that thumb scraper ! I'm jealous, in a good way !:thumbup:

n/t

n/t

n/t

...have some time to himself sometimes. It is always nice to have a surprise or two waiting for you along the way.

Boy, that thumb scraper is made of some beautiful stuff, huh?

Thanks for sharing with us.

aj

Is that an old foundation in the first photo? All that snow fascinates me and I can't help but wonder about where all the animals are hiding. Thanks for posting the photos and story, always enjoyable. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

When you go to this old town, the streets are still visible and many foundations are also visible. But with the lake rising and falling each year, new areas are uncovered and disturbed so that we get whole new, virgin areas to search each year.

The arrowhead was right where I had searched before. You just have to pick the right time and there it will be. :)

calm seas

M

I have been collecting Canadian pennies and nickels for several years now. Some of your nickels are not round, but are like eight sided. I also have some big old pennies from upper and lower Canada that Dean sent to me a few years ago when I won a contest that he had on the Forum. When I saw the nickel that you found on the surface at that location, I went and got my box full of Canadian coins. I just now finished looking through them...beautiful coins.

Once in a while, I will get a Canadian coin in my pocket change and I will also find some while using a metal detector. I do not know how they end up down here in South Texas.

Again, Mike thanks for posting the photos and story...it reminded me of my Canadian coin collection and kept me busy and out of trouble for an hour or two. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Why they discontinued making them 12 sided I do not know. Personally, I think that they have more 'character' than the ordinary round coins. And the blind can use them easier too.

Thank you Fred

Calm seas, fair winds

M

n/t