Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well... WE didn't get any snow, so there's was no sense in wasting another beautiful afternoon...

Art SC

It was another bright and beautiful afternoon yesterday, so I took the dogs swimming before going out to the parade field on post again. That gave them a nice long time to dry out in the sun. Although it was only in the high 40's (I had to wear a sweatshirt), the kids didn't seem to notice.

These pictures are from Heise Pond at the Hunting Lodge near Twin Lakes on Fort Jackson here in central South Carolina.

I wouldn't mind this for MY house...
[attachment 18089 Heisehuntinglodge.JPG]

This is a catch a release pond for HUGE large mouth bass.
[attachment 18090 EmeraldPond.jpg]

The calm pond water BEFORE the kids went in...
[attachment 18091 Calmwaters.JPG]

I know this was TJ's first time in the water. Holly took off from the van and made a high-speed bee line to the water and leaped in. TJ leaped right in after her and was in a state of shock for a moment and immediately turned back to shore. But then he saw her still out there and lept right back in. For the first 5-10 minutes TJ kept following Holly around and trying to climb her back. This was frustrating her and making her whine. Finally she just headed straight out to the middle and forced TJ to "make it on his own." He still tried to lean on her while they swam together but eventually got his "sea legs" and then started motoring around on his own. After that he and Holly spent the rest of their time jumping in, swimming out, swimming back, spraying me and Danny with water and then leaping immediately back in to do it all over again.
[attachment 18092 WaterRomp.jpg]

I'm not sure about it being the first time in the open water for Danny - we got Danny when he was a year and a half old. While he enjoyed it he wasn't the same "water bug" as Holly is. She'd LIVE in the water if she could. Danny spent only about 1/4 the time in the water as Holly and TJ. He's such a wuss sometimes... But he DID enjoy himself, even if most of his time at the pond was mostly spent running up and down the shore while I took pictures...
[attachment 18093 Dannytakesthebridge.jpg]

I had to actually command them to take a break, especially Holly. She'd swim or fetch until she drowned or had a heart attack.
[attachment 18094 Takingabreak.jpg]

Art

give up until she has fetched it. I don't throw them in the middle, as I think that would be close to cruelty, but she loves the water, and anything to do with it. They say that's why a Wiemer's tail is cut the way it is, just a handle to help get them back in the boat after hunting!!

Enjoyed the story and Photos! :)

n/t