Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well,Thursday is the day!!!!:detecting::tongue:......

warthog

I have been walking,getting conditioned,losing weight,got my Fisher 1280x rarin' to GO!!!......I have told you before about that old private beach resort down the road from me,in which I have permission to detect,from the owner.......It is about 1/2 a mile walk,from our house,to the sand dunes overlooking Lake Michigan behind the old beach resort,and a climb down a treated wood staircase from top of dune to the beach itself.........This private beach in UNKNOWN,to anyone else,except fer little old ME:clapping:,and has been in use for patrons of this resort from its' opening in the mid-50's,and I traced the operation of this resort up to mid-2015........I have mixed feelings about wet detecting this private beach:MUCHO STORMS OVER THE YEARS (Hurricane Sandy,etc:shrug:)has re-designed the bottom,from ankle deep to probably 10 feet deep out in deep water,at LEAST,that far out......Could be nice period jewelry and silver coins near the surface,or 6 feet deep in the sand.The Unknown of this issue is exciting....Thursday,will tell the tale,we're gettin NOSTRIL DEEP IN LAKE MICHIGAN,water temp up near 70,now.....:wave::fisher:

n/t

Go find em Warthog! I am going to Oklahoma to see new grandbaby and I get to detect around hubby's grandparents old house! They got this land in the Oklahoma land run! Hoping to find some amazing things!! (Family still owns the land, Praise the Lord!)

Hi warthog, That's great you are getting into shape. I'll be praying for God's grace to help you in that area.

I'm kind of curious how hurricane Sandy had an impact on Lake Michigan? Stay safe brother!
Tony

Hurricane Sandy was one of them 'super' hurricanes that came into our Heartland,after pummelling the East Coast........35-to-50 foot waves were forecast for our side of Lake Michigan,when Sandy came inland and the remnants roared down from the Straits of Mackinaw....We walked down to the beach that day,and NEVER,have I seen higher surf than then....I can tell you this,it COMPLETELY RE-DESIGNED the beaches,from surf line to I bet a good100 yards out Into Lake. Michigan,our Montague/ Whitehall breakwater was COMPLETELY under water out at the end.......Hard telling,how many more bad storms and hurricanes have gotten this far,re-designing the Lake bottom.....