Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WELL THIS STINKS BIG TIME :veryangry::veryangry::veryangry:

lilmax25

here are the laws of my county

-cannot metal detect at parks/only surface finding. Also cannot harm the ground

WHY?!?!?!
I will have harldy no where to detect considering there are about 30 parks and 20 tot lots

:veryangry::rant::rage::rage::rant::sadwalk::thumbdown::cry:

Hi Lilmax , Have you thought about looking for old properties in your area ? The local library
is a wealth of information or try platt maps at your county courthouse ,another good resource
is your state archives. Knock on a few doors and ask permission if you see an old home you
want to hunt. Offer to find lost items for the owner, there has to be places to hunt .

Terri

hi lilmax, don't worry, there are plenty of other places to hunt: and ones that will produce older and better finds than most parks do. your ability to get around this reversal will say a lot about the kind of hunter you are. chances are, an irresponsible spade munkey ruined it for everybody in the past, and the parks dept. put an end to it. it's happening more and more all the time, too. and there seems to be no end in sight, either. echostar gave you some good advice too. good luck, and hh,

Thanks all but i still dont know what to do besides knock on doors and ask for permission.

Anyone else know?

Check and see if there are any metal detecting clubs in your area they can help you a whole lot.

i hear ya!..blame the a******s!..if you are gonna "play"in this hobby,then ya have to learn to respect the property you are hunting!..if ya gonna tear up the property,and leave "holes!" everywhere,and kill the grass,then YOU will pay the price along with the rest of us because of a "few" hammerheads" who don't give a flying f***!

regards!
(h.h!)
j.t.

Hi Lilmax,

Check the schools....

See if you have GIS mapping at your county (probably on-line) Also check to see if they have property tax information on-line. I have been pulling old properties and sending letters. I also drive around an look for old properties and look them up on GIS mapping and then send a letter.

I noticed you mention the county said no in the parks, check with the city. I got permission in the city parks and no in the county parks.

that is disappointing. is there anyway you could hit the tot lots or are they no game to? old house sites....fields...... epmty lots.......etc...