Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, there must have been a full moon last night. Today was a nightmare...............

Kelley (Texas)

I decided to take the bike ride today rather than go to the Home Owner's Association meeting. I loaded the camera and gear in the saddlebags and headed for a small town that I had been wanting to visit, Martindale, Texas. Right off the bat, the temperature is 96 degrees and climbing, but that was OK...I was free to roam and explore that small town. I arrived at Martindale, looked the town over, and started taking some pictures. After about the third or fourth picture, the batteries went bad...I found a gas station and bought new batteries. I started taking pictures again, everything was OK until I got to the Catholic Church. At that church, a dog gave me a hard row to hoe...that S.O.B. wanted to bite me. The owner came out of the house next to the church and wanted to know what I was doing to his dog. He finally called off the dog and I took the pictures of the church. I then went to an area where some old buildings were located and started taking some pictures when a police car showed up. He wanted to know what I was doing...I had to show him my driver's licence and proof of insurance. He wrote everything down on a pad that he had and then turned me loose. I took a few more pictures and headed back to San Antonio...temperature now at 100 degrees, in the shade to boot. I arrive home and discovered that the lid to the thermos was not tight and I had coffee all over the bottom of one of the saddlebags...it took thirty minutes to clean the mess up. Then it happened, the final blow, the straw that broke the mules back...I have accidentally deleted some of the pictures off the camera card disk when trying to post them to a new folder. I have only been doing this writing stories and posting pictures in folders for about eight weeks...learning by trial and error. Well, I found out tonight that you can also delete pictures off the camera card disk through the computer too! In the past, I have deleted the pictures by using the controls on the camera it's self. Tonight, I thought I was deleting the pictures in the folder, but the card was still in the computer reader and somehow I deleted some of them off the card disk by mistake. Needless to say, if Sunny had been around, she would have washed my mouth out with a bar of soap. For a few minutes, I was no longer the quiet type Texas cowboy...far from it. Folks, I will not be able to post this story tonight...it may be a day or two before the dust settles, sorry! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

PS: I will be back later tonight to read what everyone posted today...I am still working on posting the remaining pictures to a folder.

we learn from experience, not from being told. It gets easy

About all you can do is say the heck with it and look at tomorrow as a fresh start.. I have had bad days when welding/wrenching/working in the shop...... When that happens, I just walk away and start the next day.

Calm seas

Mikie

on the little camera disk card by way of the computer? I was pretty frustrated last night when I lost some of those pictures...emotional too! I worked my tail off taking those pictures in the heat and then to lose them that way was frustrating...sorta like fighting a catfish for thirty minutes, getting it to the boat, and then having the line break on you before you can get it in the jon boat. I will just have to be more careful in the future. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

start fresh. A few minutes ago, I finally got all the pictures that are left posted to the Folder. One of these days I will get back up to Martindale, Texas and I will take those pictures again. When I do, I will avoid that Catholic Church area where that dog lives...Mike, that dog was bent on biting me. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

worried when the days turn into weeks and months.... I get looked over also when I'm out taking pictures etc. I think the bike just makes people nervous. They are still having flashbacks from the 60's with the Hell's Angles images flashing before their eyes... Kind of a grab the kids, the dog and run for you life..... Funny, I make it a point to stop and help people on the side of the road to promote a good image of bike people and even then, they are very uneasy. Goes with the territory.

I've done the dump files often enough. If your using your Windows Explorer File manager it will look right at whats on the ram chip in your camera. I've always used it to delete it and its easy to forget where you are and dump the images before you have moved them to the hard drive. Now I Move them to the hard drive and kill 2 birds with one stone. They are on the hard drive in the right folder, hopefully and off the ram chip. Usually the File manager will name the chip something, usually the maker of it.... What the heck, now you have and excuse to go back.

You mentioned the cop coming. Years ago at the Bac-dor biker bar, a new young cop was on duty.... And like always everyone goes out of there putting on a show as a group, loud pipes, wheelies, just the normal 60 year old guys reverting back to their youth for 100 yards or so.... This young State cop was trying to stop them all. He looked like bobble head, as the groups were all going different directions to distract him, arms a flapping.... It really was a thing of beauty to watch..... He did call for help. Then came up with the No body leaves until approach. It went down hill from there. The owner, a biker then, and new a lot of the cops as there were fights there on Saturday nights made a few calls and all went well again.... A lot of the cops came in on their own Harleys in off hours and enjoyed the place. All kinds of nice bikes, a lot of smart wrench guys to fix this or that or tell ya how to do it, really good free food. The bar tab usually more than made up for it....... I try to avoid them for most part. I give them the respect they deserve for a thankless job but still avoid them when I can. I'm not one for jumping thru my a$$ when someone THINKS they can tell me to do something, just because they THINK they can.... Many dollars later, I've learned to avoid problems if possible, sort of the head them off at the pass approach.

Bright sunny day here today. Might hitch up the Victory and go out later in the afternoon. See if my daughter is free to ride also. ONe more decent day tomorrow then it looks like 3 days of off and on showers.....Thats when I'll finish wacking some more weeks around the place and replacing the water pump on the backhoe....if it comes in on time.......

Geo

own it,public streets belong to them not the taxpayers.i'd bet dogman called the law on you.i drove down a dead end county rode once just looking at property and homes,a man waved at me and asked if i was lost,i said no,and he asked what i was doing down there,i told him he lived on a county road that taxpayers paid for and that i would drive up and down it all day long if i wanted too.

you had to be there fred,he had come to think of it as his road.almost all the county roads are paved,for a poor county with little tax base i give them a thumbs up,i think it has to do with there being a good bit of oil around here in the old days and they oil topped dirt roads then and later they just asphalted them.

other counties with more money have worse roads.anyway,yesterday i'm driving down a county road and i see a man on his tractor up on his property headed toward the county road,as i approach i see he has got a hay fork set up on the front,he doesn't even look and pulls out in the road and i have to swerve off the road to avoid becoming a round hay bale,as i get past i see he is pulling a mower and mowing around his fence.

he had lived on that road so long it had become his,he could block traffic and do what he wanted,he didn't even have to look before driving on it.maybe next time you should just go to the police station when you get there and ask them if they would mind if you came into there town to save yourself some hassle:rant:.

that way. You have not ever made a screw up I have not made too. That is called learning. Now you get to go out and visit that place again and retake them and you have learned a lesson. I rarely make the same mistake over 7 times:blink:

I completed the story late, late last night, all I have to do now is match the pictures to the story, and then post it to the Forum. I have put the pictures in a folder named "Martindale." I wrote the story using Microsoft Word and upon completion, somehow I saved it in the same folder with the pictures...it is all stored in one folder. In the past, I had written the story direct to the Forum. Now I have to figure out how the written story ended up in that folder...I think it ended up there because I used the same name for the file name as the folder with the pictures. Now I have to get everything posted on the Forum...I think I can use click on the copy and then paste mode. In any event, some time tonight, I should have that story posted. This story was difficult to write and I think it was because of all the commotion that took place up there in that small town...camera batteries going bad, dog going to bite me, police checking me out, coffee all over the bottom of a saddlebag, and then deleting some of the pictures. It has been a most interesting experience! :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

save it on my computer. I can go over it later and make changes and then just-HIGHLIGHT-all the text and copy it. Then Paste it to the forum. If you make a mistake you do not lose the story in Cyberland and you will always have a copy for yourself

nothing goes right? Sounds like you got more than your share today. And I REALLY dislike unfriendly people! Hope your night was better! :)