Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well since My F75 and Xterra 70 have eliminated a few Detectors MXT, ID Edge, ID Excell,Ace 250 to Grandson,CZ70 to Son Inlaw, Golden MM is broke and

Tinfoil

My SE has got to go back to get fixed, My Xterra 70 has to go in to get fixed,My F75 has to go back to get fixed. I am in Metal Detector Withdrawel and the detectors I got left are lonesome and I need a new toy so I am going to call Ronny tomorrow and have him send me a new Cortez so I can play in the trash and Iron.

I want to see if it is as good as everyone says it is or they are just blowing smoke. I don't see many for sale so that is a good sign. It will be my luck tesoro will come out with there new ID detector after I buy the Cortez. But like my buddy says such is life :rofl:

We will see. I have a few coils laying around a shadow 9",4", brown 7",5.75" that I use on my Golden MM. So how about it. How does it hunt the Iron trash and the trash. I am interested in that along with good ID at depth. The soil here is med with a salt salinty in the dirt and sulpher content.

The lake around here is brackish salt/fresh water and I like to play in the shallow water. What do you think???

Surely there are some tips and some opinions out there on this detector. I would appreciate you giving what you think of the Cortez and your opinion and some of your tips with this machine. I have to say I like the ID in All Metal setup on the machine. That is what I need in the iron trash and the trash.

So help a old retired guy out that loves metal detecting. Give me your opinion of the machine. :D: :D: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

The Cortes has a 5 pin coil cable. I have a Vaquero and a Cortes. Don't use the V. any more cause I like the ID screen, it gives me a clue. I search in all metal when there is very little trash then flip the switch over to Disc. for easier pinpointing. I cut round leather washers then cut a slit in the middle and slipped them over the switches to keep dirt out, added the yellow boots too. Added the label with double stick tape, much easier to read, used Microsoft Excel. Don't know about salt.

I started searching in All Metal just last summer. Makes a big big difference when searching for gold jewelry. I would not have found the gold chains in Disc mode, and I keep it set near minimum too. All Metal is great around soccer and baseball fields where ther is not much junk. Around picnic table areas I use Disc and Notch to knock out most pull tabs. All the previous years I used only Disc mode everywhere to knock out pulltabs, can only imagine how many gold rings I didn't hear.

It going to be noisy at best..Tesoro's are known for liking gold jewelry and excellent freshwater machines...Do be careful as if you drop it in the saltwater its gonzo as the saltwaer will do a job on the internals....

i have the cortes and like it allot. it is a great grab and go detector. it has good features on it like sum, and the display still gives you info even if you are in the all metal mode. the two i use the most are right now the cortes and the tejon.

I wouldn't base my decision on whether a detector is any good by the number of people who don't comment. I would research myself to see if the Cortes would suit my needs, and base a decision off of that.

I know I looked at this thread only because your subject line didn't make a whole lot of sense, so I investigated further. From what I have read, the Cortes seems like a good detector, but the lack of GB in disc mode is a limitation. For the money, there are better choices, in my opinion.

Dan

[quote Tinfoil]I am going to call Ronny tomorrow and have him send me a new Cortez so I can play in the trash and Iron.

I want to see if it is as good as everyone says it is or they are just blowing smoke. I don't see many for sale so that is a good sign. It will be my luck tesoro will come out with there new ID detector after I buy the Cortez. But like my buddy says such is life :rofl:

We will see. I have a few coils laying around a shadow 9",4", brown 7",5.75" that I use on my Golden MM. So how about it. How does it hunt the Iron trash and the trash. I am interested in that along with good ID at depth. The soil here is med with a salt salinty in the dirt and sulpher content.

The lake around here is brackish salt/fresh water and I like to play in the shallow water. What do you think???[/quote][size=medium]

I have to agree with Monte on the display. I have such a difficult time making out what the display is, I don't really use the display much any more.
I got the Cortes in the first place because the posts I read caught my interest on the sum mode. I think I tried the sum mode a few times at first, but the display was hard for me to figure. So now when I use the Cortes, I been using the audio in all metal with the 5.75 coil. Seems like I use it now as a non-TID machine, a beep & dig. Might as well twist a pencil in my squishy little eye.
I bought some magnifying sheet things to put over the display, well I never got around to trying it.
I don't have much time on the Cortes or the salt conditions that Jerry mentioned so my opinion for his posts I felt wouldn't be of much help.
I'll have to keep in mind about Monte's comment about the GB in discriminate mode being a little to negative. I been using the AM mode as a beep & dig by audio and did fine in the few areas I used the Cortes.
I sure hope Tesoro is working on a new machine for the market, and if it's a TID machine, would like to be able to see it with my eyeballs.

I hope my Golden MM comes back all well. It is one of the older ones. Already blew it up twice now. Once with the 7" wide scan on and now it blew up again with the 5.75" coil on. It always worked great with my 4' coil on but when I went to the newer coils it has crapped out twice on me. It is just getting old like me and I had to send it back three times after the first time to get stuff fixed on it as it did not work like it did when it went in the first time. I am not really going to keep sending it back and forth this time like I did last time. I got a cure for it this time. We will see. I used it three times with a total of 6 hours. Put it in my detector room and got it out the other day and all it would do was hum loudly like it was in pinpoint. I did everything I could think of to get it to quit so just boxed it up and a road trip again. I hunt a lot of Iron and trash. I mostly use the 4" coil on the Golden. The only signal I ever really am looking for in that kind of trash is a iffy repeatable. ID don't really matter on ID machines as long as It is above 0 dis and I get a reasonable beep then it gets dug. That way I get the real nice one that are being partially masked. Monte knows all about that kind of hunting as he and I hunt a lot of iron and trash. OK out of here and back lurking. :D: :D: HH Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

3 machines down at the same time - and your having with-drawls. I would be down right upset. That's brutal - hope all turns out for the better.

:blink:

I think you better hurry and get more machines in working order :poke:

Holly smokes - I'm down to the Explorer-2, F-75, Tejon, Cortes, Cibola, Silver uMax, Compadre, and ACE 250. :unsure:
I don't think I have fully recovered from the 6 machines I let go last year. :argue:

If I had a few in non working order, I don't know if I could get a good night sleep.:nopity:

LOL :rofl: