Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well my new GT will be here tomorrow. I am glad I saved my 8' coin search coil 7.5" coil and my 5" sunray coil. I want to see how it hunts in the iron

Tinfoil

I want to see how it compairs to my SE and X70. :shrug:. I ran a 2apro for a couple of years so I want to see if this GT is any better. :D: :D: . Just one more machine to learn all over again. I hope I won't be disappointed. If it won't hunt in the iron and the trash it will be gone. I want to see how it handles that black sand beach I hunt when I go see the kids. My Exp.'s over the years worked great there. We will see. I am very reserved for now. Yes Rick N.D. I just could not stand it. I have to know. :bouncy: Later Jerry aka tinfoil

that 5 inch is a killer coil , I just scored one a few weeks back and it should be called the ring magnet...that thing is seirously a killer trashy enviorment. Iron sucks and takes real paitence to deal with,(As you already know) but I think that goes for most units, with the exception of a couple that dont seem to be phased by iron. That compass 77b really sniffs out coins in the iron .I still love the sovereign but it can be finicky in super heavy iron, constant null type iron, takes away some of the fun but I dont mind it too much ...good luck .......let us know how it fares at some of your sites( I am sure you have pounded them to death already) so I am curious to see what you come up with ....

How the GT will perform for you. This is the way I am with the Fisher F-75 and the F-4 as I just had to see for myself if it was all what I have read about. To me the GT has done better for me and no or very few rusty bottle caps, cant say that with the F-75.
One of the first things I noticed with the GT is i was getting more iron that sounded like some of the deep coins i used to get with the XS,XS2 and the XS2a, but seen that when coming at the target from a different angle they would null out or move. Found that a deep coin now would lock on better plus the meter ID was a bit more accurate on the deep coins. I feel this is because the GT is more sensitive than the older Sovereigns. I feel those that know their older Sovereigns well will see the difference in the GT.

Good luck Jerry and let us all know what you think.

Rick

Sell me the 5-incher. LOL

Just kidding Jerry.

I am sure you may run into the 'nulling' area, but just go slow, and give it a fair assesment.

I will be looking for your write-up.

laterz

ed

Everything is ready to go tomorrow. It goes straight to the iron trash area I hunt all the time. We will see. :D: :D: Later bud Jerry aka Tinfoil

You may get a little more falsing in iron if you are looking for the deep ones. I find I can wiggle the coil back so I know where the signal is and the come at it from a different direction and if it is still there I dig, but if it null or moves chance are it is iron false. If you are using a meter I want to know what you think on the ID of the deeper targets. I find they will ID better than the older Sovereigns do, but that may be just me too.

Good Luck Jerry and may you find many good targets.

Rick

This is some bad Iron trash I am hunting tomorrow. This GT is sweep sensitive more so then my old 2aPRO. I tried all my old coils today and everything sounded the same. My old coinsearch still has the best audio of all of them even compaired to the Toranodo coil. Stuff just sounds so much smoother especially the gold. The plastic is starting to crack around the bolt holes so I think I will fab a plastic repaire for it before it cracks out. I still can't tell the difference in a Zinc and a dime on the tones. My Excal is the same way. Thats why I love my SE. My hearing is just gone. All the high freq's. is just out the window on a lunch break due to working and inspecting airplanes for 42 years. I still had to use my Timberwolfs with the clipper on them. I used to be able to run without the clipper but now it has to be on for the louder audio. Damn, "ain't it terriable to be a old fart". Well it is going hunting tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing what it will do in that mess. I think the sweep speed is a little faster then the old 2APRO. I will need the seperation in iron trash so that is why I put the 5" on instead of the 7.5" M/L coil. If it does ok in the iron trash tomorrow I just might keep this thing and call JW and get a 6" Excellerator for it. I got to get one for my SE anyway. Ok I rambled on long enough I am back to my Lurking. Later Bud, HH, and get out there and go hunting with James. :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil good to see ya here again, good luck its a great machine

You know what to do in heavy iron... F75 or T2 !! You're still liking the 5" I see. Good!

I have toyed with the idea of selling my GT but I cannot bring myself to do it. I have too many machines but love them all... I had a S-12 and the S-5 but sold them both, kept the 8" coinstrike and the stock 10" BBS. I'm selling my S-1 probe too but keeping my 180 meter.

Julien