Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, it has started again...Forest fire season..

Micheal_R

Staff member
http://www.bclocalnews.com/kootenay_rockies/arrowlakesnews/breaking_news/25599244.html

This report has it at 1/2 hectare... about an acre in size. However, today [that is yesterdays report], it is now over 100 acres and windy. We will see where this goes but for now, we are keeping the fire pump handy and ready.

Fair winds

Mikie

n/t

Don't know why but I kinda thought that that was a pretty rain area like in Washington and not a lot of forest fires. I remember you showing us some last year also. Is this a normal thing or has this just started to be the norm? I'm off in the woods also and always worry that the kids on the other side of hill here will start a fire that gets away from them and it will race up the hill to us. Lot of ground cover here with oak leaves that last awhile on the ground. I dug a pond here also for extra water but not sure it would work. There is a fire house about 3 miles from me, but other than what they carry on the truck, thats it for water with them.

Will they fly in with choppers and put those out if they get near homes etc? Will that nice brook you have running by you help out any to keep it away or would it just jump it?

George-CT

One of the people in the valley was going to that area to fish and met a couple leaving [in a little hurry]. They talked for a minute or so and then parted. When the local got to the site, the fire was already well established and their campfire was smoldering only 50 feet from the fire. The people left their radio, tent and few other items as well.

Forestry has three choppers and a team working it.

It is not a normal thing [we are in a rain forest].. But during the dry season, all it takes is one careless act and , well, you know the rest.

The river on our property does offer a modicum of protection... however, we can soak the whole area, if need be, in a very short time so from our home point of view, I think that we are okay.

Thanks for asking George.

Fair winds

Mikie

You would think being in a rain forest that down under the canopy it would remain damp and stop most of the fires. Lousy that the campers didn't act more responsible in the woods.

Geo