Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, it appears as though Lil Brother is the winner in the horse sweepstakes..

Micheal_R

Staff member
Lil Brother, email me your address and I will get a Canadian little nickle, also called a 'fishscale' off to you. They are smaller than a US half dime

The baby was born at 8:00 P.M. tonight.

all the best

M

That is going to be a beautiful horse, lots of chrome! Have you folks decided on a name yet? Please post some photos from time to time, let us enjoy the baby with you folks. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

We noticed that there was a lot of chrome too... Rare to be showing that at such an early stage [10 minutes] of life.

She is up and trying to trot around her stall already.

All the best

M

I just didn't want to win......:D

we had a few mares ready to foal.

She had been around horses for years and had never been able to catch one having the foal. Her sons would sleep with the dang mare and never catch it either because if they got up in the middle of the night to make a head call, the little foal would be there when they came back. Never seemed to fail, it happened every time.

We had this mean old mare, Missy, she is the one that I told about before. She would rare back in the standing stall when she heard me try to unsnap the halter snap and one time she ripped the halter right off her head. This is while I am standing in the dang stall with her. I had to use a stud chain to break her of the habit.

Anyway that was the horse that was having the foal.

We had her in the front pasture with 4 other horses. I was not working because I had been fired from GM at the time. I have not told that story have I?:ranting: Anyway, I was home and as long as I was fired and not working, I had a hernia repaired. I was hobbling around like an old Grandma :D

I looked out in the pasture that there was Missy, all hunched up and the biggest turd in the world hanging out the rear. I was not a country boy and from the house that is what it looked like.

Nobody was there but me so I grabbed the video camera and started hobbling out to the pasture. I was still in pain but I had to get this.

There were a couple feet sticking out when I got there and I turned the camera on to her. I was not sure what the heck she would do or what the other horses would do but I stayed on her the whole time. I took over a half hour, maybe more because after the little sucker hit the ground it was still tangled up in the sack. In my condition I was not about to try to pull it off, especially with old crazy Missy standing there.

The other horses came over for a sniff or two, which did not seem to bother Missy and eventually the little guy worked his way out and finally stood up.

I did not take the camera off the guy during the whole thing because I knew The Crazy Horse Woman and her boys would want to see it.

When she did she bellyached because I got to see it and she didn't. That attitude was only one of the reasons I divorced the crazy sucker..

n/t

I got the easy [read 'lazy'] job of just taking the pictures. :)

all the best

M

And you are correct....she is doing laps in her stall, around mom. Do not want her to go outside quite yet.. Gotta get her pins totally steady under her :)

all the best

M

Life is too short to have to put up with that. Now we do have that big old appaloosa, who is mischeivous.... but not a mean bone in his body :) :)

all the best

M

Well, I guess I got lucky again. This isnt about winning at all. I already know that I am a winner with friends like you and the rest of the folks on the forum. Thanks for the contest and for keeping things going on the forum.

It is a beautiful little filly and Im sure that you guys will have many good times ahead.

Mike, I sure enjoy your stories and your general outlok on life. Please keep your stories coming! Thanks again.

God Bless,

Lil Brother

n/t

is there an administration fee or anything???

All the best

M

Mom went crazy watching her run laps. :)

all the best

M

n/t