Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, if Friday was a good day.... today would rank as spectacular... And Royal:.... I am really, really, really, sorry 'bout this. :)

Micheal_R

Staff member
What to do and where to go today. With the lake rising at a pretty good rate [it ain't supposed to do this for another month... the jerkweeds!!! :) ], our choice of places is getting a bit more limited. Linda suggested, and we concurred] that perhaps where she found her last arrowhead would be a decent spot. So we head up to chip hill.

[attachment 53997 lindas-crystal-005.jpg]

We arrived there, and the sun was out, very little wind, and while the water is up, there is still enough area to work. The rain last night also cleared away another layer of sand . I headed down and found a lot of chips. Being the gentleman that I am I called the ladies over and said to search along this level since there was new uncovered chips etc.

Linda, went to the right, Alice to the left and I headed elsewhere, figuring to give them an good shot and the more prime area. We had not been there 10 minutes than Linda called us over to say look at this. She had picked it up since it was partially buried and between two rocks, but she did VERY well. She replaced it for this photo but you get the idea.

[attachment 53998 lindas-crystal-003.jpg]

[attachment 53999 lindas-crystal-004.jpg]

[attachment 54000 lindas-crystal-011.jpg]

A few minutes later, Alice called to say that she had found a nice point, just laying out there on the surface. That rain did a really good job of washing things around.

[attachment 54001 Alicespoint-006.jpg]

We continued to search..... found a lot of common knife and chips, but no more arrowheads and points. And me??? I got butkus.. :) But I did get the satisfaction of watching them have fun..... Oh and this butt shot. :lol:

[attachment 54002 lindaat-ferry-007.jpg]

calm seas

M

invited me to come the same week as Linda. She is gonna get all the good stuff and I am gonna have to hunt pop bottles:rofl:

That is one beautiful point she found:thumbup:

Great Shot!!

the arrow heads. Beautiful place to live for sure. Keep them pictures coming in. Linda looks like she is happy as can be there. I can see why.

George-CT

With that gorgeous view all around you, how in the heck can you keep your eyes to the ground ? Good gawd that's impressive ! Most Indian relics around here are in farmers fields. I could walk those beaches for days on end just snooping around. Specially in the company of you guys . smile:

n/t

I suspect that area where you are finding the arrowheads might have been a large camp site many years ago. I am happy for Sunny in finding such a rare arrowhead...not many like it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

the word wriggling comes to my mind:biggrin:
Love those pics, what super finds! Maybe you should bring a water pump and nozzle there to create a major rainstorm?
Well done folks:super:

I do not believe I will be giving you this arrowhead. BUT...If I find another tomorrow, you MIGHT be the recipient of one. Of course you understand this is never going to happen. We are going out and looking again tomorrow, but if I never find anything else, this will have made my trip most exciting. ILY, Linda

when we do take them to the lake, they have so much fun they will travel extensively for the first 15 minutes or so. After that, then they will take the time to concern themselves about where we are. So when we do take them, we concentrate on them for the first bit. :)

fair winds

M

...quit planting those points or his collection will be gone. :lol:

You can mail me a certain package and I'll take GREAT care of it. :biggrin:

ILY
Johnboy

She is LUCKY and she usually gets more than she should.

Good one, Sissy! IT's the prettiest one I've ever seen.

johnboy