Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, I had gotten 2 calls from...

SilverSeeker

2 places of employment at my house while I was away at work. One is Caterpillar Inc. which would definitely pay more (a lot more than my job right now), and at ADM (Archer Daniels Midland) which would be a data entry job paying $8 bucks an hour. I'm between a rock and a hard place here. My Mom says that I should take the assessment test at Caterpillar, Inc. first to find out what I would qualify for in regards to a specific position (probably an assembly plant position). I don't know if Caterpillar, Inc. pays more or what. I've prayed that I will make the right decision. I don't want to jump the gun, until I know for sure what Caterpillar, Inc. has to offer. I wouldn't mind the job I have right now if the pay was a little higher but they only pay people minimum wage which is $6.50 per hour. Oh, well! Just pray for me that I will make the right decision. Thank you one and all.

Russ HH

Literally and Figuratively. Seeking Gods guidance is the only way to do it, and feel peace. I'll pray for you! Is the Cat. job in Peoria? Seemed like they had a pretty big plant there. The only thing bad that I could see about working for them is that they tend to go through cycles of lay-offs. So, if you arent high on the senority list, you have a pretty good chance of being let go. I hope that you make the best decision!!!

J.

Hey Russ...

Both companies are huge ones for sure. I'd say take the test at Cat and see how you do. Starting at a lower wage may not be bad if there's room for quick advancement and more money, benifits, etc. Check out what the layoff situation is like... Are either one Union jobs?

Prayed for wisdom for you in your decision.

Hey, Russ! That job at Caterpiller sounds good. I'm praying for you! I'm in the same boat, looking for a better job.

Doug

Hello: I did some contracting work for Cat, and at that time, their
employees had outstanding benefits and profit sharing.

If God sends you a cow, even thought it is not what we asked for,be sure
to milk it, while you are finding out if it is yours or not ;-)
Many times God works in ways that we don't recognize imediately.

Ray . . .

Do you like data entry? Do you like to do assembly work? Thank about what the jobs entail before making your choice as well as what the pay and benefits are? I would say take the assessment test at Cat and then you'll know where you stand first and then make up your mind unless the data entry job won't wait! They both sound good to me! I like data entry myself!

God Bless & may God plainly show you which one to take! :angel:

Betty