Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I guess I am just slow. It looks like you can detect in All Metal and if you go to the sounds part of the menu You can select either Ferrous or C

Tinfoil

What you guys are talking about when you say you can't hunt in Ferrous tones/All Metal. :shrug: . What do I know I don't have a new E Machine yet and I just started reading about it. Just go back from trying to out run the damn Hurricane That hit Louisiana. I must have missed the boat on the hunting in Ferrous or Conduct and All Metal. Looks like you can to me from what I read. :D: :D: Later Jerry aka Tinfoil

you can hunt in all metal, and use ferrous or conductive sounds.. what they did however is lump alot of coins and other stuff into the same ferrous range of 12... so in effect you get the same tone from all of them if you run in ferrous mode... so most coins and aluminum and who knows what else will have the same tone in ferrous sounds.. almost forcing you to use conductive, or memorize a lot of numbers and keep your eye on the meter at all times if using ferrous...

So now all the iron targets will sound good too.... See the dilemma that Minelab has created????

Crash620 said:
So now all the iron targets will sound good too.... See the dilemma that Minelab has created????

It's seems they are trying to get you to blacken out iron and disc. it out....so why will you hear iron? This new detector seems to be pointed right at newbies...so they will not think it is such a long learning curve. Turn on and go baby!.....The older Explorers can be a turn on and go also...but it can also be opened up and let the patient people detect the hard hit iron infested yards.
It has its ups and downs....ups being no hot rocks or coal...etc...downs being ferrous audio is not as good.....out of 8 years of using mine...I used ferrous sounds....Geesh.....pick your battles I guess......I think if I had to choose...either one would be good....and I would be happy....Minelab rules in my book. It still gives the most info. on targets than any other IMHO.....and goes DEEEEEEP! :detecting: