Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I got the garden box finished :clap:

Royal

It turned out to be a far bigger job than I expected but I like it and had fun doing it. I finished the wood part, I thought, and started hauling dirt to it. Man it was gonna take a lot of dirt to fill that sucker up. 24 X 4 X three as an average.

I was looking it over and it came to me that if I built a bottom in it, a foot from the top, it would take a hell of a lot less dirt, more money for wood but less dirt. No plant I put in there will need more than 12 or 14 inches of top soil so I headed for the lumber yard again. Three sheets of 3/4 in pressure treated plywood and a bunch of 2x4's and I had at it. The worse thing actually was that it was rain/snowing most of the day and I just had to keep at it. I finally finished it up.

The next day I went and got three pickup beds of mulch, I get it free and loaded it up. I will add some top soil to it in the spring, after the mulch has settled a bit this winter.

I finished it up by adding some rocks for looks. Mary doesn't know what I was working on but I told her that if she didn't like it to keep it to herself. She pretends she likes it and I will pretend I believe her. :D Works for me!

That is a new flowerbed in front of it. Well it is not new but I added a lot to the front of it. I can drive a garden tractor between it and the garden bed.

I have been putting in fence posts today for my other flower beds. I am pretty well ready for winter now:thumbup:
[attachment 109474 boxfinished1.jpg]
[attachment 109475 boxfinished2.jpg]

I run a hot wire around everything, all my flower beds are protected. I have not had a Hosta eaten in three years:thumbup: And thank you for the comment

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t

take it slow and think about every move. I didn't know what I was doing but kept on throwing expensive wood at it:rofl:

n/t

missed the placement of the rocks!:rofl:

n/t

the girls are laughing behind their hands:rofl::razz:
If Mary misses it you are you gonna say anything?

a short stubby thing like that!!:rofl: