Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I did not try to highjack Low-Boys thread just get him to look at the footprint in width and depth of the 5" coil. No reply :shrug: Thats OK. :D

Tinfoil

So for the rest of you that care to read my post on this info. Maybe I did not explain it very well.

So if you set the Sen to 65 on your 5" coil that you think you are hunting with, it is now a 7" coil. At 65 just add 2 more inches to the radius or (width to some) of the coil. At Sen. of 75 to 85 add 3"s so now you are hunting with a 8" coil . Some coils may differ and that is why I say get a yard stick and check the coil out for yourself if you think I am blowing smoke.

One more thing is to take a dime, arainge so it is on edge Vertical to the coil and start out about 2 inches to the side of the coil and work your way across the coil horizonally at a sen of 65. all of this in boost mode. Then do the same thing while checking your depth. Note your reslts. All my tests have been with a dime.

One of the things I am trying to show here is knowing the footprint of the coil at different Sensitivities will make your coil larger or smaller and that will help you when you are in the iron or the trash.

Then throw in the difference in hunting in 0 Discriminate then switching to 6 and your depth changes in DE and Boost and CL. It even changes on the F75.

In all metal when you play with the threshold in anymode your depth will change but as you increase the number the noiser the machine gets but the depth will increase.

I am sorry I don't post much anymore but sometimes I just have to get in here to say a few things for some of you that are having problems with the machines.

I will tell you this the F75LTD is a lot more sensitive and has more power then the F75. If you hunt with the LTD like the F75 you are going to have problems with the jumpy ID's. I have said it before, PINPOINT PINPOINT PINPOINT the target do at least a whole coil sweep across the pinpointed target both ways and your ID's will settle down. By knowing your footprint of your coil, the Sen. you are running at, your Dis, and the mode your running in will help you. Then with the F75LTD you can push the Red button when you are in boost and swing over the target and that will give you more info on the target and that is another trick. Well I am out the door and gone hunting. Hope some of this helped.

Next rainy day just play around with your machine and think about what you are doing. Think about your different places you hunt, is it open area, is it trash ,Iron filled where am I hunting what is the best way to set the machine up. Without knowing your footprint of your coils you will never get the max. out of your machine.

Think outside of the box. If you don't understand your machine you will never master it.

HH :D: :D: Jerry AKA Tinfoil

n/t

Jerry:
Thank you for the fantastic information. For those of you who have not tried Jerry's suggestions. Just let me say this. Your missing out on a lot of years experience. Tin Foil knows his stuff. For all the times you have helped me Jerry. Thank you Sir ! .
EL

Jerry, I only use the stock coils that come with my detectors. Your comments make perfect sense to me. I have been toying with the idea of buying some smaller ones. I know alot of people have 3 or 4 or more for their different machines. Based on your comments would two (one large and one small) do the job or is there a need for several?

Thanks in advance. Dave

The DD coils find more on edge targets then my concentric coils do. Down here where I live in SW Louisiana I don't see the depth difference between the DD and the concentric that they talk about. Even though my dirt is mod. mineralizaton but, it does in some areas have a salt/sulfer content and just wastes indians and copper coins. So if you asked me which I would chose it would be the small 5" DD hands down.

Now if I want to hunt a simi trashy area and I want to cover it fast I use the 3X6" concentric on my LTD crank up the sensitivity to 75 or 80 dis. at 0 no notch, and now my 3X6" concentric coil has turned into a 6X9" concentric coil. I just have to overlap my swing a little more but, I got more coverage then my 5" coil that turns into a 8" coil at those Senitivities and the 3X6 does better on the bottle caps and the iron. There are all kinds of paramiters that you use on the area you plan on hunting. So I do use the 3X6 but, not as much as I do my 5" DD because I need the depth and seperation the DD gives in the trashy trash that is not Iron.

My LTD runs quieter then my F75. My F75 now runs pretty quite after it took a few trips to first Texas to get fixed. I even named my F75 "Roady" as it took quite a few trips to First Texas. It is still in great shape even after all the hours I got on it. Over 2000hrs. total on three different F75's. The Second one was so bad and noisy they replaced it and I have sent that one back once or twice. First Texas is :thumbup: on there service I think. I am not your normal hunter as I do hunt a lot and I don't POST much :rofl: as I hate typing. Once I get started it is not so bad but I would rather hunt and read you guys Posts then Type. :D: :D:

OK I hope that has helped. If you got the F75 then buy the 5". If you are going to get a LTD then buy the 3X6" and then that only depends on ypur type of hunting and the places you are going to hunt. I have both and I use both.

HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

You're a genius Tinfoil. What on Earth made you think of checking the footprint of a coil. You're right on every statement. This has and will continue to help me a lot, thanks again.
mark

Thanks for taking the time to experiment and post your findings.

And I had to start hunting the iron and trash just to get a sliver. Plus I got tired of digging Iron trash all the time. So I juat started to hunt the iron and the trash more and more and started to get my silver and gold finds back. Even after all these years hunting the trash though, I still dig a little iron once in a while and I still get fooled. The iron nails that are straight up and down still get me alot with DD coils. Since I am a jewlery hunter most of the time and dig a lot of low end conductive targets you really have to know how your coil and machine is going to act.

OK I am back to Lurking and hunting and reading. HH :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil.