Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I am going to post this and maybe it will get deleted and maybe it won't we will see.

Tinfoil

First I want you all to know I am on my 3 F75 and this one works great. The first one was Ronny's that I used for over a month. No chattering problem. I could run under the power lines just over my head with transformers on polls near by with no chattering with Ronny's and the one I got now. The first one the coil leaked and the memory did not work and that was all that was wrong with the first on. He got all the problems fixed and his runs smooth as a baby's butt and so does the one I have now.

Now to the sen. Part. I run sen. at 70 most of the time in these bad areas just like I ran Ronny's in All metal, DE, PF, and bc mode. Jewelry mode I have to drop it down to 35 to 50 just depends. Quite as a mouse and no chattering.

I hunt a lot of trash and iron sites. Lets not confuse chattering with iron falses and iron and trash hits. If you guys are calling that chattering then you are wrong. They are normal hits if you are in the real trash and iron. The F75 is a very sensitive machine and has a very very fast processor when it comes to targets. Just put it in 3h or 4h tone sen at 70 dis at 6 get in the trash and the iron and you will understand what I am talking about. If it is chattering when you hold the coil up in the air or when you are putting it to the ground even around power lines and power lines and air conditioners running at sen of 70 it should run quite. Mine does.

Here is a for Example.
In my yard I have power lines over my head, sometimes both conditioners are running as I have two big 2 ton units that cool my house and beside the driveway there is a transformer and another one on the corner. Now at 80 it will chip just a little bit but drop it to 70-65 and it is quite as a mouse. It does no keep chipping from electrical interference. If only one air conditioner is running I can run it at 70-75. Both Air conditioners are 20 foot away, power lines 20ft overhead. Transformers 30 ft up one is 40 ft from me one on the corner is 90ft away. Now do you think this is extrema. Well I do. My F75 again runs quite as a mouse.

After I sent Ronny his back to F/T to get fixed it took twice for them to fix the two problems it had cause they did not read my 3 page letter I sent them. When he got his back the second time everything on it worked great.

By that time I had received the nightmare I got. It was useless just like some of you are describing. It chattered like crazy and no matter what I did it would not quieten down and would not shut up. When I lowered the sen. and ran it at Dis of 6 just like the rest of the F75s I used it would not stop chattering.I got on the phone and called Ronny and I asked him would he send me his machine cause, the one new one he sent me I figured was bad. He sent me his. His ran quite as a mouse even in all the areas I ran my new one that was raising hell chattering all the time. Sometimes the audio would just start chattering and would increase chattering beyond belief. The audio would sound like DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA sometimes faster some times slower but never shut up even with lower sen. The only way you could shut it up was turn the detector off and turn it back on again. Then sometimes it would just go berserk or just done a steady chatter.

Ronny's ran perfect no problem with his machine. Mine would not G/B every time in the same spots I G/B mine and his at. When mine did G/B my numbers were not the same as his numbers. Mine were always higher by 5 sometimes 6 numbers. Did I mention the audio would go Berserk, oh yeah, I did. I am going to repeat this again. I could not shut the chattering up, even when it was not going berserk, even though I lowered the sen down to 30 all it would do was the chattering would get a little quieter.

OK here comes the SLAM. If you can't run it at 70 and it keeps chattering and you lower the sen. down and all it does is make the chattering quieter the Damn machine is BROKE send it back to F/T to fix PERIOD.

Now how do I know this.
The REPLACEMENT THEY SENT ME RUNS quite as a mouse and is a excellent detector and works great just like Ronny's does.

Now what to do.
Call F/T and talk to Cristy or call Mike Scott make sure you have all the problems wrote down and what your machine is doing. They are not mind readers. Tell them just how it is acting. Be specific on what it is doing. When you call get a Repair NUMBER, write it on the outside of the box. Make sure all your information on what is wrong is in your letter you put inside the box. Ask for a Call Tag from UPS when you talk to them so they will come to your house and pick it up and it don't cost you anything to ship back to them. Please pack it well.

Now after talking to them ask them if they replace it, would they check the new one out before they send it to you. If they repair it they will check it out before it is returned to you. They did my new one. Now what do I think is the problem with the machines chattering. I think it is a shielding problem or they just have over cranked the SEN making the audio chatter. They are fixing them if you guys tell them and send them back to them. I never found out what was wrong with mine. They did not call me back and tell me. DON"T CARE.

Everyone at F/T was very nice to me even though I was a P.O. camper after having gone Thur all that stuff with Ronny's detector as I felt it was my responsibility to see that his got fixed because, he let me use his new personal detector to test out before I bought a F75 because, I had some real reservations. I did get his machine repaired at my shipping cost to them. I even talked to Dave Johnson when I was having the problem with my new machine. I sent a 3 page letter to Him and Mike telling them what the machine was doing and I was specific. Again I can not say enough about how nice they were to me and the problems I was having with the machine. They will listen to you and they will make it right. I have not been able to get out to my open areas to run my Sen. up even higher but I have gotten it up to 85 in a few of my lessor noisy areas and this machine worked fine.

For you guys that have stuck with me Thur the problems I had and this long Post I commend you all. For you guys that said I was bashing the F75. Let me remind you I did not fall off The Turnip Truck Yesterday. I have a lot of machines and I know when they are not working right. I never buy used as I don't hesitate to send one back when it don't work right. Let me also remind the guys that say I bashed the F75, that I paid my $934.00 just like you did. Nobody gives me anything. Now wouldn't I sound stupid bashing something I just paid $934.00 for and still have.

So in closing this very very long post if you think it ain't working right send it back to the Factory and they will fix it or they will return it and say there was nothing wrong with it. Then you will feel good or you will feel :D: :D: at least you will know it is working good. If you get it back and it still ain't working then do it all over again till they get it fixed or you get a good one. OK I should at least get 200 hits and maybe one or two of you will have something to say. :rofl: I did not post this as a BASH. Just to help out some of you guys. That is my only intention. F/T is first rate with me so far. Everyone was very nice and again they did listen and made it Right. :clapping: :thumbup:

Hope you have the same Results. :D: :D:
Later and HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Good info and I read every line!!!i also printed it so in the event mine goes nuts I will know what to do:clapping:clapping:::clapping:

Hi Jerry, you know how to write gooooood. You are right about the people a FT being nice people. They are and normally I am easy to get along with. I have done everything they asked and done it correctly. This time the machine ran 4 hours before chattering again. Chattering to me is standing still in a clean area and getting an erratic operation like numbers flying all over and audio going nuts even with the sensitivity turned down to 20. This unit is quite when it is working and I have never understood where people get the idea it is noisy. Glad your is working good but my battle goes on. I get the feeling they think I'm stupid for suggesting that the unit is bad again. It is not my fault it keeps breaking I haven't gotten a chance to hardly use it yet.

Even the alligators get tired of being wet all the time that is why they crawl up on the road to dry out and sun themselves. That is how the word Road kill originated and why they eat so much alligator meat down here and we lose so many tourists each year. Some times it it is hard to tell the alligators from the tourists. :rofl: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil