Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, I am finally completely back on line and can start posting again.....................

Kelley (Texas)

Days ago, I did something that screwed up my computer...even on the Forums things did not post or read correctly. Everything was posting under one main heading for each subject, not reading as a thread. The Guvner gave me some information that fixed the Forum problem.

Oh! How I wish for the old days, riding "Tuff" in the brush looking for stray calves...it is not to be. However, thank goodness for the Forum, it keeps me busy doing something enjoyable. Now I need to get my butt in gear and write another horse or cow story...I will try to make it more interesting and not so boring! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Fred i knew there was something wrong when you posted those girly friendly jokes:surprised: Now i am relieved to know that it was your puter that was flummoxed! Welcome back buddy:super:

What I would like to read is a story about what it is like making camp back in the hills, what did you take with you when you were going to spend a few nights under the stars. What was it like early in the morning when you woke up. Cold? Dew on the gear?

What was it like for a cowboy when you woke to a rainy day or a cold day. What were you out there for anyway? Branding, like the cowboys in the movies or just out to stare at the sky full of stars at night? Man that Texas sky has to hold a billion stars some nights.

There are a thousand things you take for granted that most of us will never see, except through your eyes

I have a couple of stories I am working on. You have never published a boring story....so lets have a few more.

Calm seas, fair winds

M

Your western stories are a real highlight for me. Say, do you still have ole' Tuff boarded? Give us an update.

I am off this week--supposed to be turkey hunting but will take a little break from the grind. I just did not have any prep time for the birds this year and is it EVER showing...in spades!

Maybe toward the end of the season it will cool down and just maybe the birds will be sounding off. In the meantime...a good western story--Fred style--is in order, podnah! <><

aj

out near Castorville, Texas. They are getting fat and lazy, and probably have forgotten that they are horses. Debbie and I may drive out there this coming weekend and see them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

My son will be coming by the house this evening to see what is wrong with it. It is kinda frustrating...wish I knew what I have done to it. At the moment it seems to be O.K. For some reason, with no warning, it will suddening turn itself off. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

you can not have too much protection but some times you just have to format and reinstall everything.

n/t

...concerning pain from a previous surgery. It has been a long haul for her and she is not seeing the results she hopes for (to be pain free).

I talked to her tonight and the pain is something she cannot ignore. She cannot work around it and concentration is zip.

She's a real fighter and we are all hoping and praying that the new procedure she went for a few weeks ago will still yet be effective. She spoke with one of her doctors today and has made another appointment for 10 days from now.

Pray for the ole gal, please? She is our buddy supreme and we all miss the "old" Linda. I believe that she will eventually have this pain thing as a part of her past. But now, it is very much a part of her everyday routine. Thanks for asking. <><

aj

Psalms 71

I can tell how special your horses are to you. You name them 'meaningful' and cute names. Here's a little story you might like, Fred.

While I was in Jasper, TX, I saw a tv show about the Mars candy company. They make two of my FAVORITE candy bars...3 Muskateers and Snickers.

Snickers was first produced in 1930! I mean, during the worst of the depression. In 1932, they came out with the 3 Muskateers bar.

I don't know where the name "3 Muskateers" came from, but the Snickers bar was named after their favorite horse.

I just thought that was so special. That ole' Snickers musta been quite a hoss. :) <><

aj

could hold her own in life...you are not going to bully her. Even though she is a woman, she could ride fence with me any day of the week...after she cleaned the camp area! :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

It was written by Alexandre Dumas, and one of the most popular books ever written. It was also, besides being made into a Movie in that era, serialized, so you had a new adventure each Saturday at the theater. Name association alone....