Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, gotta get busy and get more prepared for moving ....house was....

Ma Betty in MO

inspected yesterday and buyer and her friend (her agent) measured for furniture placement, carpet man came and measured for new flooring in entry foyer, family rm and hallway, termite inspector was here, too, so was a busy day with the inspection lasting two hours or more.....I think he used a fine-toothed comb! :lol: Haven't heard whether it passed or not, as yet! Love ya all and pray for me to have strength and wisdom in packing and moving, sure have lots to do with notification of change of address and etc.! May God Bless! Amen! :angel: Ma

Thank you for the update Ma and we will keep you in our prayers!

and have prayed about it and if it sells okay and if it doesn't okay....because I need more time in which to move and this may give me a chance to have more time by not selling as of now....for I have always known that this person is not the right buyer...that I've prayed for but it is in God's hands! Thanks for praying and will update tomorrow or later! No matter what happens...God will still be praised in Jesus' name! Amen! :angel; Ma

there surely are different inspectors in different situations. Sometimes the buyer uses things to get a lower price. When we sold our house this year the inspector was very thorough. When we then bought our current house the inspector was not so good. I had a couple other parties look at things also.
Good luck & be aware of ulterior motives, steve in so la

God will provide for you all you need. One day at a time ma. Hope your packed & moved to where you want to be soon. Merry Christmas.

I know Steve and this inspector was very thorough and nit picky! My agent was here and we went over what needs to be done which I cannot pay for and do know most of the problems were needing done, so we've come to an agreement of $4,000 reduction but with the closing to be done on Jan 31st to give me more time to have my furniture and STUFF sold....if no extra time...no deal! This lady is one of those who buys homes and lives in them and fixes them up and then resells, so with her friends doing the inspection and working with her, she is wanting a nice home (needing updated but in fair condition) for what other homes go for that aren't brick and in worse neighborhoods! Because of my age, unhealthiness and not much money to work with, they are trying to take advantage of me, but this house is too large and too expensive for me to keep up with so $144,000.00 paid in cash is good and with an extra month. No closing Jan 31st....no sale!

I am part German and mostly Irish and can be stubborn! God's Holy Spirit moved me this morning right after my agent woke me up at 9:30 to say he was coming at 11:15, and said if I had to go to $140,000 or below that I would just stay here and get things ready for selling and moving in my time and then sell to a young couple with children at a lower price to give them a helping hand like my ex and I bought our first home for $9,000 in 1960....a four room house with asbestos brick siding in an older neighborhood and then from there to a 3 bedroom with central air in 1968 in Jefferson County but was far to travel back and forth into St. Louis! I

Then in 1974 my ex and I with Tami, who was 5 in Oct that year for starting school, purchased this home and most likely paid too much for this large home with basement as found out it had lots of problems in basement foundation and windows were old metal kind with house not newly painted....put a lot of money into this home over the years since 1974 and is in far better shape than when first bought! It is 45 yrs old, so there are problems which needed done but I couldn't pay to have it done along with the repairs I have had done this year! Had $23,000 of work done in 2006 with new windows, storm doors, vinyl covering over all wood on outside, new guttering and leaf relief for my own benefit, as got tired of having to maintain the outside!

Cliff and I removed all wallpaper from inside and painted with carpeting removed from hardwood floors, except for the bedroom he was using, in 2007 and 2008! New toilets and sinks in bathrms in late 90's with newer plumbing at various times! New furnace in 1992 and basement furnace in late 70's, new A/C in 2007 and new circuit breaker box and pole brought up to code in 2008 with new hot water heater this year; so lots of money put into this home, but because of age and some problems, I guess the price reflects it! Just don't want to give it away, but if so with lower price, I will sell it to someone who needs a home in a good location, actually a super location....very handy to everything within 5 to 10 miles or less! Hospital is 2 miles, stores and etc. As I said, lots of praying and God is with me, so what He has planned for me will be done, as long as I listen and do what His Spirit is telling me! Also, new refrigerator, washer and gas dryer purchased in Dec 2008! Amen! :angel: Ma

P.S. Terry, my agent calls me his mom by knowing his family when living in Maplewood, MO in the 60's, and said I was cantankerous today! :lol: He told the gas company that and they will be out Monday to inspect the hot water heater and the two furnaces....will see what goes with them and will update later on into next week! :unsure: I think Terry and the other agent want their commissions before Christmas! Duh, I would like some money for Christmas, too! :) Had trouble writing this because of this Computer but gotter done but slowly! :blink: Bye! :angel: Ma

We had to go down a few thousand also - rather sign for a little less than keep on looking to sell. Our old house was built in 1950 - we lived there for 44 years. Our current house is 17 years old. What a difference !

It sounds like your house would be great for a new family. Steve

Thanks Steve! Yes, I would have preferred a young family with or without children to have bought my home, but a woman some younger than me with an 83 yr young husband with memory problems wants to buy it and I don't think it would be good for them, as too much for me....but she will probably live in it for awhile and get it looking nice by updating and etc and then sell and move on....I think this is what she does with the help of friends who do inspections and so forth! If it sells to her, so be it, but I do know what I've prayed for years is for my home to be sold at the right price, to the right people and at the right time....so it is definitely in God's hands and whatever His plans are for me, I will accept....for He is my Heavenly Father and knows what's best for me by my worshipping and obeying Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma