Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well gang i'm almost back:rolleyes: ...........

Wayne in BC

Today is seeming slightly better but almost subjective. I finally rigged computer chair with extra cushion off a patio chaisse lounge to sit in and will see how long i can last.

Last night around 2 am, i believe we had one of our common little quakes. The reason i say i think we did is i was only dozing and came awake to a bump and creaking noise just in time to realize that my big TV was falling onto me! It missed by inches as i lay transfixed!
Now that TV is an old 32 inch that weighs about 200 lbs and was sitting on a dresser next to our bed. It has been there for 4 years with no problem. The only place i could put it because of the room required for Carol's scooter to navigate past to her side of the bed.

Now that dang thing was not teetering and was fully on the old oak dresser. Now it is wedged between the dresser and bed at a 45 degree angle. It still works and nothing else was damaged but i need to find a couple of young strong guys to move it back. Glad it was not a strong quake and i cannot think of anything else that would have moved it. Had i been fully awake i may have felt the quake and saw the TV moving but also may have bolted and wrecked my back surgery:blink:

That was my day, how was yours my friends?

Hi Wayne,

Your day woulda been a lot worse ifn that sucker had dropped on your punkin head!!

Or maybe the TV wouda broke fer sure?:lol:

PS Was that "almost back" a play on words?

funny today I had a service call to fix a fridge for a old customer,he was saying that he had back surgery,which was ok BUT darn one of his knees is weak? how are your knees?he needs a cane last while?

sorta rough to knock a TV off the dresser. Good think you didn't jump up. Get your old self well buddy.

Lots of work getting done around here lately. Weather is rainy but I can still work outside and it feels good!!

n/t

but worth it on the other end. Bummer on the earth quake.... I've never been in one so can't relate but from what I'e seen in the news, I don't want to be in one unless maybe in the middle of the desert with nothing to fall on me. We did a lot of Earthquaking on the Nuke powerhouses here on the east coast. I've been aware of one here in my lifetime but I guess it can happen. Better safe than sorry.

Do they give you a timeline for when you should be back on your feet or just go by the person and a million x factors?

I can see you on the back of a boat in fighting chair reeling in those big pacific fish.

Wish you a speedy recovery Wayne.

Geo-CT