Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well folks it is BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR cold here today...it feels like -8 degrees with a strong NW wind blowing...No going outside for me if I can help

As I read this Ma, and realise how cold and miserable winter is over there, then I am rather surprised that anyone would be able to sell a house in those weather conditions.

As someone who knows nothing at all about cold and snow, it has only just occurred to me that selling houses in that type of area must be a spring and summer activity, very seasonal.

So, if that be true, then I am surprised that anyone is out looking at homes.

There must be many things about living in cold and snowy areas, that people like me have no idea about.

I know about hot though, and I dislike it intently.

Yes, it isn't a good time to sell a house but there have been many lookers since October when it was first listed! Praise the Lord, for it is SOLD to the young couple expecting their first child in March, a boy, and didn't pay as much as I would have liked but it is enough for me to accept what they have offered now! They first offered $125,000 and I counteroffered at $150,000, 10,000 less than original listing price and 4.900 less than the reduced price of $154,900...they came back today with $144,000 and are supposed to give me time to move without rushing but I know they would want me out as soon as I can, as they want to move in before the baby is born....so gonna be a busy time in between times for both of us moving. I have to find and pay for movers and pay for putting my Stuff in storage until my sis and I decide what we will do!

They are paying cash, so no inspection is being done and they know that I won't pay for any repairs which still need done for the Occupancy permit...Did most of it with the gas company of approx. $800 to $900 and so I owe them besides the other debts I have because of staying here too long and depleting my IRA money Acct! They are the same ones that I was saying, I believed they would come back with a better offer, as there aren't too many houses right now for sale and most are either too expensive or the same selling price as mine and I've heard not many of them in my price range are in as good a shape or as nice as mine....been complemented on how I've kept it up, I've been here since 1974 and by myself since 1986 except for my brother living here for 3 years and then passed away in 2009 but helped me a lot with painting and removing carpeting and etc. but he really went down hill from Pulmonary Hypertension...an incurable disease and passed away while in Hospice Care in St. Anthony's Hospital which is very close to where I live, and I visited everyday except for one or maybe two and sometimes even twice a day! I still miss him terribly, as we were raised up together on the farm like twins being only 18 or less months apart!

David, my sister's husband, has more infections and not getting better, so he is going back into Barnes Hospital here in St. Louis and is in Rolla Hosp right now! I don't think he will be living much longer, so looks like everything is working out for our good and for God's purpose.....Once again, God, in Jesus' name, has proved Himself to me and has answered our prayers except for the one for David's healing and hopefully he is saved and okay with the Lord...only God knows for sure!

You know people who live in the North and Midwest where it gets cold, icy and snowy...just acclimate to the weather that we get....Seems like we have a short Spring and Fall any more with longer Summers and Winters! I don't believe I would like living where it is hot most of the time...as I can put on more clothes to warm up but ya only can take off so much trying to keep cooler! :lol: May God Bless you and yours! :angel: Ma

Well Ma, I am very hapy to hear your good news and thanks for telling me.

The problems in aging families, as you mention them, is the same all over. We have many friends that are older than us and they are suffering all sorts of things, arthritic problems, dimentia, deafness, homebound and so on, and we are not immune either. We have attended many funerals over the last few years, with more to come: that's aging I suppose.

Anyway, onwards and upwards and I am very hapy that you are at last able to move on.

With love in Him.

Thanks Nyal and please pray for me to have reasonable and good movers and for strength for me to be able to pack and etc. and for help from my brother and others who are willing to help to get rid of the paint and stuff that is toxic for landfills by taking them to the place where they can be disposed of and to get money from the places that buy scrap metal and soda cans....I collected a lot while metal detecting....copper, lead, brass, cast iron and aluminum cans....I just have a difficult time doing it myself, or I would have taken them and cleaned out my garage all ready! :sad: :angel: Ma

Yep Winter is upon us here in the Midwest with freezing cold, ice and snow...so guess you should have waited awhile to be traveling and visiting ILLINOIS! ;) :lol: :angel: Ma

the month of Feb house sitting and taking care of her cat which needs shots twice a day. Be leaving here Tuesday morning for Columbus. Stay warm down there.

I sure will try to stay warm and please pray that the weather will warm up and we don't have icy and snowy weather when it comes to moving my furniture and boxes to a storage locker in my sister's area of Cuba or Rolla, MO! Thank you and enjoy your sister's home and cat! :) :angel: Ma

no heat again. 3rd time. These -20 wind chills freeze up the fuel oil!

So sorry to hear....maybe you need to put in backup heat with a wood furnace or heating stove....sure would help when your fuel lines freeze up and leave you all without heat! Do you have pipes with water in them? If so, then they are in danger of freezing and bursting and that would really be a bad situation besides having no heat to keep house and family warm! Praying for warmer weather real soon for everyone up North and for me to, as I will be moving soon and the ice, white stuff and cold isn't good for moving about a 2-1/2 hour drive to a storage unit! May our dear Savior be merciful and make it possible for you to have heat, quickly, for all things are possible with Him! Amen! :angel: Ma

GOOD MERCY,I GUESS I AM HAVING A TROPICAL HEAT WAVE COMPARE TO YOU GUYS:rolleyes:THE FRONT JUST HIT HERE AND WINDS BLOWING 30 M.P.H
YOU GUYS GET YOUR FLU - SHOTS:thumbup:ONE YOUNG LADY DIED THIS WEEK OF THE "FLU" AND WAS ONLY 33 YEARS OLD,WHAT A SHAME:sadwalk:
I OPENED UP THE OBITUARIES AND MY NAME WAS NOT THERE,SO IT WAS SAFE TO DRINK MY JAVA THIS MORNING,BUT ONE OF MY FRIENDS WHO WORKED WITH ME AT THE PLANT HE WAS THERE:sadwalk:HIS NAME WAS BILLY SHAW AND HE WAS A BAPTIST.TELL YOU WHAT FOLKS WHEN YOU GET IN YOUR 70'S YOU QUIT BUYING GREEN BANANAS:unsure:ALL MY BUDDIES ARE DYING FROM SCHOOL IT REALLY DEPRESSES ME,REALLY SAD BUT HOPE THEY KNEW JESUS.I QUIT GOING TO FUNERALS THEY REALLY ARE DEPESSING,I KNOW ONE THING I AM NOT SHOWING UP FOR MINE,THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIND ME:look:MAYBE,MAYBE WILL BE CAUGHT UP IN THE RAPTURE:jump:

Well, some humor makes life better, as you just made me laugh with the line about having to find you before you could attend your own funeral....maybe we will be gone in the Rapture, who knows but God when He will send Jesus to come and catch us up and into His heavenly Kingdom! The end of the age as we know it is falling in place very quickly! May God save those who will be saved and then come, quickly, Lord Jesus! Amen! :angel: Ma

Congratulations Betty, on the sale of your home. Hope you can accomplish your move soon. I'm sure you'd like to be resettled and the buyers would appreciate getting settled as well before their baby is born. Hope all goes well for you all. God bless.

Thanks Martin! I am working in my back bedroom today trying to get things together for moving or disposing of by donations or for trash pickup! Yes, I'm sure the couple awaiting their first son soon to be born will be glad to get settled in and be ready to bring him into their new old home! :) Depends on whether my sister's husband lives or not on the peacefulness in her place for all of us! His being ill and can't do anything right now will make it an uneasy situation for awhile and my sister is anxious to move into a better place and away from all his relatives but will have to sell first! :angel: Ma