Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, another crap day...... although this one is funny [if only from a distance]

Micheal_R

Staff member
Got up at my usual time today, made a cuppa and tried to plan my day. First thing I noticed was that all of the horses were in the same field. Now we have done our best to keep them separated since we have a small stud out there. I put him in with the tallest mare possible. That way, the chances of an 'accident' are more or less minimized. He would be 3+ hands smaller than her so he can try but all he seems to be able to do is dance.

The two that got in with him could be bred if the ocassion were to present itself. So, off I went to repair the fence. Got a few more posts, strung the wire and then double strung the broken wire that they went through. Now the closest they can get is around 10 feet from each other. Then I got the grain, led the two miscreants out and locked up the gate. So they are done.

It was while I was putting things away [wire, insulators, utters,etc] that one of the jerks came up to see me. Now Royal, I am certain, knows where this is going. Nimby got to with, oh, 6-10 feet, of me and I smelled her immediately. SKUNK CITY!!!!! Out with the hydrogen peroxide, body wash and soap and she was liveable. Then the other two made their appearance........ from out of the house. You got it. They came in, rolled everywhere, puked up a few times and generally made a mess of the place.

I had to go up to Nakusp anyway so I bought several boxes of baking soda, scattered them on the carpet and waited for a couple of hours. Vacuumed the carpets and it 'seems' to be better.

Now i am going to load up the .22 and see if i can find the skunk and 'have a word or two' with him

But, Alices' esr levels are slowly dropping so it looks as though the new meds are working!!

Sunny skies, calm seas

M

That is great news about Alice!! I hope it knocks those bugs out of her and she gets home soon.

But YOU and a skunk? :surprised: Just kidding buddy. Those hounds of yours are quite a handful. I wonder which one is the instigator!? Glad to here the news about Alice. Do they see her as being on track with these new meds?

disappointments so we are tempering our hope. The next blood test [on Wed or Thursday] should tell us the real tale. [crossing fingers smiley}

You get ahold of Kelly Robertson yet??

Calm seas

M

put a leash on those little boogers and tow them behind the boat for a mile or three!:lol:
So nice to hear Alice's meds are working:super:
Did keep that trout on the exhaust manifold on the way to see Alice?:biggrin: Lucky girl!

the blood test this coming week...let's pray that the new medication is working. It is wonderful news that she may be finally improving, really made my day.

Well, you appear to have had a busy day, fixing fences and washing dogs. So the dogs tangled with that skunk again? :rofl: I think the skunk is in big trouble, correct? :rofl:

Mike, thanks for the good news. Please have a great week! Kelley (Texas) :)

As for the rest of your day....that had to be a nightmare ! Hope tomorrow's better for you.....and your three "best" friends !:)

n/t

n/t

about Alice I mean! :lmfao: on the other....