Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well after all these years my MXT died. No audio, no depth, no nothing. Boxed her up and she is on the way to Sweet Home. :cry: :crazy: Wished I could

Hi Tinfoil, Sorry to hear about it dying:cry: . Lost mine also bout 2 weeks ago. Bought a new one from KellyCo and got it home and it didn't work either and got to send it in also. So I'm sitting here w/a new 5.3 and 10 X 12 SEF. Whites, in VA told me my main ground screw was loose and my bill was over $74.00, don't know what all else other than cleanup. Yeah, I know, I've had a screw loose for a long time:rofl:. + don't know how much for tolls and gas to go up to KellyCo's and shipping the MD's.
to Whites for repair. BUT, when they're working, there ain't NONE BETTER :detecting:. I know that it'll be right when you get it back tho. Good luck and HH, KC

(a COLD) floridason, :usaa: rretired
2- MXT's, DX-1, oodles of coils

Had a problem with my headphone jack sent it to Oregon and while it was there they found the coil was bad replaced it and installed a new jack cant wait to go use it. Here in NH everything is solid oh well spring is on the way .

And they will send you a new one. Why are you sending it to be repaired?????? :shrug:. That is not the way it works with them. Just call JW and he will take care of you. Hope everything works out for you. Later :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

Ago that was. Probley 5 or 6 years old. I sent a couple of coils that I always use on it thought maybe one of them blew it up. We will see. Man I have dug some coins and Jewlery with the old girl and paid for her a few times.

I know my old Golden MM bit the dust when I put a 7"widescan DD on it. Coil was bad and sent my Old Golden to Tesoro and it has never been the same. They put a new PC in it and now I can't get as much depth on it as I used too. I bought a new Golden and it does the same thing as far as depth goes. Tesoro refuses to fine tune there detectors anymore for max depth. I even offered them a $100 to fine tune it and get back my old depth that it was doing. They would not do it. What I really think is they changed the PC boards and used different stuff on them and now none of them get that old depth the old machines will get. If you got a old one hold on to it. I have tuned it every way you can with the G/B and the tone adjustment and it still won't do like it used too. Same way with the new one. It is better then when I got them back from Tesoro but still no where the performance the old unit used to do. I got them to run as hot as I can. Well Later Bud, Just turned 66 Dec 24 and I am still hunting. I am so thankfull of that. :D: :D: Jerry aka Tinfoil

I will be 68 in Feb.,,,so sonny bring me a glass of water,lol.
Sorry about your Golden and hate to hear that about Tesoro, I worry about them, I feel that they getting left behind.
I have heard that from others...

When you get your MXT back, you will have some catching up to do.
Later on I want to try that 8" X 6" sef coil on my MXT, I have one of those 8x6 coils for my E-Trac and love it...
Also, there is a guy that does a Tone I D Mod to the MXT, I want to try that, we will find out more when Dan gets his back in Feb..

Take care my friend and HH..
BJ

I have the Tone Mod on my 6000 XLPRO and it works great in the trash, in the SAT setting. You can just wade right thru the trash. I hunt in SAT just about 80% and 20% in the Mineralized TR mode with the 8" and 5.3" coils.. I hardley, if ever hunt in the Dis. mode. If the MXT is the same tone Mod. as my 6000 XLPRO you will like it. It made my 6000 XLPRO like a new different detector. I love that SAT setting on it. Later my Friend. Keep swinging. Yep one glass comming up there OLD TIMER. :rofl: HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

You have been a 6000 fan for a long time, a friend has one with the tone id mod and he loves it..
Sure could use a glass of water, :rofl: Old George Burns joke :rofl:

Take care my friend.
HH...BJ

Hello My MXT is a little over a year, I used it with the 12" and D2 I haven't used it for 3 weeks then I turned it on, all hell broke loose, screen went to overload, and the MXT just screams at full volume , controls do nothing, never been wet, or in rain, sat against wall in bedroom when not is use.
sent it in for repairs today. worried why would it go nuts?

I feel for you. I just went through the withdraw,been waiting to hear on the tone mod,thought I would have it done on my mxt,however don't know if I could send it off agian unless it was a must.:stretcher:

Moment of silence please.