Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Welcome 2010 part II Easter Week

MONKOO8

Hello again fellow Detectorists.
I hope everyone had a great Easter holiday. Here in Texas the weather is phenomenal these last couple weeks. I know this isn't a wildflower forum and if i only had a Garrett detector in the foreground there would be no explanation necessary but i couldn't resist sharing a couple of pictures. The flowers are extraordinarily thick and quite beautiful this year. We've had a drought for the last couple years and this past fall and winter the rains finally came at the right time to give life to all those seeds that survived the heat. The first picture is of my parent's neighbor's front yard west. The next is of the other neighbor's backyard east.
[attachment 158681 015.JPG] [attachment 158687 017.JPG]
Now to the other goodies. April fools day was anything but...after work ventured to the same site that the previous silver quarters came from and was there about an hour an a half. Found a few pennies one wheat, they were all on top of grater scraped ground. It was as close to dark as possible and on my way out (literally a couple swings from turning off the machine) I walked over this little patch of dirt to pick up my water that i passed over at least twice before and managed a nice little bell tone that showed two to four inches...out pops a 1960 rosie the only coin actually dug for the day!
[attachment 158682 002.JPG]
Well the next chance to get out was Saturday before the holiday. This was my first full full day of detecting. Visited a little ball field that i had luck with last year. Then the grass was nonexistent...it was a black dirt field. To my dismay this time the weeds were almost knee high in places. Well i had already committed so on i pressed. Mostly tried to work the lowest weed infested areas which allowed me to work small areas really thoroughly. Looking for jewelry i was diggin all the B sized targets and there was an abundance of can slaw which really sapped a lot of time an energy...At the end of the day five hoursish managed a couple wheats and a 10k plated stamped ring(so close) and about 60ish coins. O yah there was large wood chip playground fairly new and on my way out i figured to just take a quick listen...Within 5 minutes and the 360degree sweep of my detector bells, bells, bells, pulled 4 quarters 9 dimes an a penny.kinda cool...one day soon i will go back and see how much is in the chips.
[attachment 158683 013.JPG] [attachment 158684 011.JPG]
Easter Sunday visited and did the family thing. It was another beautiful day and there was 45 minutes of daylight left and with that window open my ol'tectin' fever struck and i had to get out and dig even if only once.
Visited a small unused school. Sure enough the Easter Bunny left a small treasure to find. At dark, again prolly gonna have been last target and again rewarded, this time with a 925 shrimp earing!
[attachment 158685 001.JPG]
Thanks for looking!
Thanks for all of the positive comments to part I.
I hope you all get to check off and share many "FIRSTS" this year.
I hope this turns out to be a record season for everyone swingin' those Garretts.
Be cool and Happy Hunting!

Thanks for the excellent post nice colorful fields and lots of goodies that you found.
Looks like a very enjoyable weekend on your part. Congrats !!

Beautiful pictures!:clapping:Thanks for sharing!:wiggle:Nice clad haul!:thumbup:Congrats on the silver!:cheers:Happy Hunting!:)