Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

weird penny

e-train

i have a weird 1996 penny its color is a dark green with tiny white specs on one side that i found at my school field a number of years ago not from detecting but from finding it on the grass what so weird about it is that its indented in to describe it its like a hub cap its hard to explain and its hard to get a good picture of it but ill try. though i was wondering what might have caused it to take color and shape like that?

Maybe someone shot it with a 22 cal. Then a dog peed on it? Hey, It's just a guess. Take a picture if you can.

Sounds like it was shot then dropped in the lime they line the field with. The famous sharpshooter Annie Oakley used to shoot pennies out of the air with a 22. and they looked like yours.

Bill

Just like the "Sniper" a real "coin shooter" I found a quarter that Annie shot about 5 times a few months ago. If I can find it I'll post it?

i tried to take a pic of it and post it but it is hard to get a good picture of it i guess cause of the color of the penny. and i did see a bullet coin on Google images mine doesn't have the pionty bullet mark on the inside or the top

hello e-train i have seen some pennys taken from off the top of heat fins (hot water base board heat) that look like that and also found them bigger in size too hope this helps.

A bullet didn't do that. How do you know it's a cent? Looks more like half of a button from the pics/

the front is hard to see but Lincolns head is on it and the penny is made of metal i was thinking something like maybe it could be a button but i just think it cant.

I'd say somebody was making a ring out of it. Over the years I've found a few of these in silver. How it worked- Somebody would take a spoon and a hammer and start at the middle using the point of the spoon to hammer back the silver towards the outside of the coin. Hence making a hole. I've seen some real nice rings made this way found over the years. Here's how they got lost, striking a blow the coin flips away=lost!