Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weighted or Unweighted

grahamp

Thinking of purchasing a used pi pro with the black head.

Problem is that the head is unweighted, will this be a serious hindrance if Im planning on wading? or is it a no, no..

grahamp said:
Thinking of purchasing a used pi pro with the black head.

Problem is that the head is unweighted, will this be a serious hindrance if Im planning on wading? or is it a no, no..

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?31,799155

just use velcro instead of plastic ties to be able to remove weight for sand hunting,.

HH!

So i presume the buoyancy is 'slight'.

Thanks guys!

So you don't wear out your wrist pushing down on the shaft. - add a counterweight and everything is a ok.

On my DF buoyancy is a serious problem. Especially with tall-man rod. My thumb is really sore after two hours of pushing it down in water. I am learning how to push it down with the whole palm or with two hands. If possible, buy yellow loop.

Not long ago I made a straight shaft that had air trapped inside. I didn't know about the air until I experimented with several methods to get the coil on the bottom.

The one I liked best was to wrap plumbers solder high on the metal part of the shaft and then tape it in place with plastic electrical tape.

I didn't notice any increase in drag and got the coil on the bottom.

Later, when I discovered the shaft was the problem and not the coil, I drilled holes to allow the air out and removed the solder.

Hope this helps someone.

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo

Cause I know that when I give my MD a bath the coil rod holds water. May have to drill a tiny hole and see. TKS.

Hi just bought surf master Pi with a black box I haven't had a problem with it at all the coil on mine is wighted But I have noticed that the shaft will fill up with water we hunted with it for two days. the only problem I have had I failed to put over any thing worth digging My fault. Roadking