Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

weight of Whites detectors

jshn

I'm trying to find the weight of the Whites E series detectors along with the Matrix M6. I went over the specs and also skimmed through the online manual but can't seem to locate this info.

Anyone have an idea or a link listing this spec?

HH

Jshn, I will be the first person to be worried about weight with a detector as I have very bad wrists as a result of compound fractures of both wrists. I have had to stop using Explorers because of the weight or poor balance. I can whole heartedly assure you that the Whites E series are better balanced than detectors that actually weigh less than them. I can swing these detectors all day with no pain. The best detector in the world is worthless if you can't use it. By the way, all the Whites detectors that you inquired about are great detectors. R.L.

I'm starting to get issues with my elbow so the weight was important to me. Looking at pics of Whites detectors, they do look some-what heavy but I guess 4lbs isn't too bad.

How do these detectors rank as far as depth goes? Are they known for getting to 10+ inches?

HH

Yes, you are right. All the "E" Models are capapable of detecting to 10" if all conditions are right. I have uncovered coins to about 8 to 9 inches. Have never dug a coin over 9 inches with any machine except a couple at the beach in the wet sand with the MXT and M6.I'm sure a good PI Machine could do even better.The problem is conditions are seldom perfict and we, or at least I can't really say what perfict conditions are. I think perfict would vary allot depending on the target and groung for starters. I think it would be prudent to say there is nothing perfict in the real world, so don't expect 10" from your "E" Model