Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend's Fun

Dug

Did some camping this weekend with 3 of my sons, two of their first consins, and 2 of their friends,(ages 8-14). We left Friday morning at 5. Our lunch stop was picnic in the park of the town where I grew up. Detected there for about 20 minutes and found 1942 wheatie, 1942S dime, and 1944 Washington quarter.

Then we were on to my Great Grandfather's homestead about 55 miles further northwest. There I found a 1913 penny, 1913 dime(EF condition?), and an 1895 indian head penny. My 14 year old son found a 1902 dime, and two wheaties 1935, 1941 (not pictured).

In addition I found a trumpet or bugle mouthpiece and an unknown object (any identification help would be greatly appreciated). Has anyone else ever found a trumpet mouthpiece?

We were tent camping and it rained Friday night, and then got very cold and windy. I think the temperature on Sunday morning was 38 degrees F, with a wind of about 25 with gusts to 40 mph.

We had a great time.

Can't even begin a guess on the whatzit but everything else looks good. You may have to try a little harder to keep up with your son the way he did on this outing. Sounds as if he may already be hooked. Way to go you two.

Michael was pretty excited to find that Barber dime. My other sons enjoy the detecting also; they are ages 8 and 12. If it's slow, they lose interest pretty quickly and find other things to do. But they come back around as soon as they see I've found something.

Thanks again.

Can't complain about those finds at all. Nice Barber Dime! Sure are tough to find in that condition. You sure have taken to that Explorer of yours and hope your finds keep comin' for you before the snow starts to fly. Good Luck and HH next time out!:thumbup:

Very nice finds Dug and that barber dime seems to be in very nice condition. I would say that you had a very good day indeed. WTG....:) Keep up the great finds. HH.

Eddie

The three coins I found were in the same hole. I first found the penny, filled the hole and had to go show the boys. Came back later to start again in the same area and heard another signal over the same hole I had filled in a couple of hours before. Then I dug out the dime. Filled in the hole again and went to show the boys. Came back the next day to do some more hunting and went over the hole again. Yup, another signal, and dug out the Indian Head.

The detecting was sporadic with lots of activities between times.

Some of the boys asked it we could make it an annual event. A bunch of great boys.

Thanks again, Eddie.

Very kind of you and nice to hear from a very successful and hardworking veteran. I am really enjoying the Explorer, and learning bit by bit.

Looking forward to seeing more from your hot spots. Thanks again.

The way you are finding these nice finds James has some serious competition.
I hope this keeps up for you as you are doing very good with your Explorer.

Rick

We see some plain versions here in VA from civil war sites and home sites but I have never seen one like that. The top of it is the giveaway. Is that someones personal name engraved on it? Nice finds

Jerry

Thank You, Jerry!! The engraving says, "New Era"
I'll ask my Dad if his grandfather or grandmother had a nice umbrella. Maybe it is a military one. I'm getting a notion there was some military activity at the same site since finding the bugle mouthpiece and the star. See photos here;

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?19,378003,378021#msg-378021

Thanks again, Jerry.