Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend Hunt

Indy

Had some great weather here in Indiana and got to use my new 8x9 coil on my Tesoro Silver UMax. I was hoping my fields would be ready this weekend but the crops haven't been harvested yet. So I hit a old spot and a new spot I've had my eye on. My best finds were a 1936 Merc , 1945s War Nickel and a 1939 Nickel. I also found three rings and alot of junk. I have tennis elbow real bad again and will probably have to take a few days off again !

Looks like you found some good spots to hunt! My elbow bothers me at times too. I have slowed the sweep down and go with the set ups that are light on the coil side; although, with a Silver and the 8x9 coil, there is not a lot of weight hanging out there.
Nice finds!

TVR,

Thanks for the post. I haven't had this problem until I bought the Silver UMax. I just hunt alot more with it then my old heavy detectors. I just think it's the extra reps I'm putting in.

When I am in stores, and not just hardware, I have started looking for things I can adapt to hang on the back side of the arm cuff to add variable amounts of weight. One of this years projects is to do some testing on counter balancing the detectors. When I get some parts and experiments put together I will be posting.
Good luck when the fields open up!

[size=large]
Hay Indy ,

that's a nice hunt .

Lots of recoveries .

Just wondering .

What kind a places did ju hunt ???

Nice silver ring .

I think I found one like that once .

Happy Hunting,

Tabdog
[/size]

Tabdog,

Thanks for the post. Most of the clad & rings came from a older school that is surrounded by all kinds of athletic fields. The athletic fields were once agriculture fields and used by the old local volunteer fire department for turkey shoots. The older coins were found at a old school site that was established in 1898. I turned down the discrimination to foil and dug any good signals. Alot of hours were put in this weekend and I'm paying the price for it. I've saw on your posts that you have a gold meter that shows what carat a item is. Where do you get them and what do they cost ? Hope to see more pics from you soon.

Indy

Congrats on the sweet Merc. and the war nickle! Those are very good finds for sure! That sweet silver ring is a good find also, very nice hunting, Beale.