Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend Haul Silver / Gold / Diamonds

Mike K (Ohio)

Got out with my Friend Derek and my other buddy Rick went to Florida. Anyway here is our finds before cleaning them up.... 1st pic is just the jewelry and second is everything.... Half of this was with the NOX 800 and Derek Uses the Excalibur II.... First Beach Derek Hit a Buffalo Nickel and I hit the Old spoon his was cooler lol...

Mike K

Sweet finds!!!gold and diamonds man!
HH
Mark

Lol yes the water is still warm but the air is getting cooler every day hahaha...

Dan(NM) said:
Holy cow! I've got to get my butt in the water soon :) Congrats a nice haul.

Good thing you went south, I have one word for my water hunt today hypothermia LOL
Great job cleaning all that debris off the beach, you all killed it :beers:
HH Jeff

Great hunt. Don’t think you left anything for anybody else, lol

Doug

Thanks Jeff yea we pick up all the trash and bag it... So either us or the next guy won't have to worry about it lol... Hopefully its us first hahaha

Thanks Doug!!!! Well try not to leave anything lol but know one ever gets it all lol....

Donut said:
Great hunt. Don’t think you left anything for anybody else, lol

Doug

Thats a nice haul. By the looks of it you guys found a nice spot that hadn't been hit much at all.

Thanks!!! Well allot of the spots you could tell have been hit and very few spots that haven't been hit so call us lucky!!!!

Absolutely epic hunt... So Mike,I few short months ago you polled the forum for the best water hunting settings at which time I predicted you would soon be the teacher instead of the student... What settings do you find work best for you? My Fall water hunting season starts in less than a week... congrats...

Thanks for the kind words...

I've talked to several people and they have steered me to some settings. Which for fresh water this is what I use and I don't mind helping as someone came and helped me!!!! You don't see that very often on these forums like you use to maybe 10 years ago or so!!!!

I have been using Park2 and the only settings I have changed are recovery speed to 4 Iron Bias set to 3. 50 tone and multi freq. Depending on the beach and what I'm finding if I find allot of foil then I might notch out 1s and 2s. I get in the water and it in about 12" of water and do an automatic noise cancel and ground balance. That's about it... as time moves on I will reduce the Iron Bias 1 by 1 as time goes on. I'm using the 15" coil so I generally run a SEN around 15-20. I dug that class ring at 18" on a sen of 15... Hope this helps. This info was passed onto me so I can't take credit lol :)

Mike K

Thank you very much Mike..I have the factory coil and 6”... the main obstacle where I hunt is bobby-pins...seems wherever I hunt recovery speed 4 is best... those settings are certainty working for you.... thanks for sharing...

Well another member of this forum took some time out to help me when no one else wanted to and I see it as paying it forward... Heck I'm a nub with this NOX but I've learn allot about it over the past couple weeks lol... So I'll help in any way I can....

Mike K

bootyhoundpa said:
Thank you very much Mike..I have the factory coil and 6”... the main obstacle where I hunt is bobby-pins...seems wherever I hunt recovery speed 4 is best... those settings are certainty working for you.... thanks for sharing...

Bobby pins are my nemesis as well, unlike other iron they ring in pretty good. -4 to +8 right where small rings and chains hit.
HH Jeff

Mike K (Ohio) said:

I've talked to several people and they have steered me to some settings. Which for fresh water this is what I use and I don't mind helping as someone came and helped me!!!! You don't see that very often on these forums like you use to maybe 10 years ago or so!!!!

I have been using Park2 and the only settings I have changed are recovery speed to 4 Iron Bias set to 3. 50 tone and multi freq. Depending on the beach and what I'm finding if I find allot of foil then I might notch out 1s and 2s. I get in the water and it in about 12" of water and do an automatic noise cancel and ground balance. That's about it... as time moves on I will reduce the Iron Bias 1 by 1 as time goes on. I'm using the 15" coil so I generally run a SEN around 15-20. I dug that class ring at 18" on a sen of 15... Hope this helps. This info was passed onto me so I can't take credit lol :)

Mike K

Thats helpful, Thanks Mike. I am new with the Nox and still learning it. I haven't had it in the water yet as I need to get some waterproof headphones. I use my Excal 2 for water but would be interested in seeing what I can find with the Nox in those same places.

I hunt with a guy that has an Excel 2 and he's a shark in the water lol :)

Beep'n said:
Mike K (Ohio) said:

Mike K

Thats helpful, Thanks Mike. I am new with the Nox and still learning it. I haven't had it in the water yet as I need to get some waterproof headphones. I use my Excal 2 for water but would be interested in seeing what I can find with the Nox in those same places.