Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Week ends with first gold

MONKOO8

Hi, I've been detecting for about six or seven weeks. I was introduced to the hobby at 10 years old in the mid 80's by my father who was an avid detectorist. I had found a rosie and a 1911 barber dime. I can still remember that coin was at least 7 inches deep and looked like a full moon in the bottom of that hole. Even as a kid that was my first thought. Unfortunately that coin disappeared at show'an'tell. Well my father cant move around like he used to so I've taken up the baton. Came across a good deal on a used GTI 2500 and started running. Have already burnt through a few sets of batteries (gonna get rechargeables soon) and found some silver coins and a phat silver ring. This week ended in a first though, a few pieces of jewelry including my first piece of gold. Its 10k and around 2.3pw. Sentimentally its priceless. Found it on a sports field about 4 inches deep. The machine said foil sized b. On the same field also found a really tiny silver ring....it was found next to the only fire ant mound on the field. It rang up in the center and sounded like another pull tab..almost didnt dig it as the ants were really busy and moving all through the grass. That ring was about 3 to 4 inches. ANTS (1 bite) vs. ME (silver ring) = I win. The first picture is from the weeks hunting starting with Tuesday going down through Friday. theres a few wheat cents and a military pin...Saturday got a lead and permission to search an old house which was quickly discovered to be a bust 4 new pennies. 10 coins between father and I (second time he's been out in years). Dad an I parted ways and with about an hour left to detect I ventured to a school around the corner from the bust site. By the time I made it to the play field the heat was murderous and found a nearby shade tree where a wheat cent proceeded by two steps and a solid belltone produced that really shiny silver ring with a huge not real stone...very pretty to look at though. It was about 1 inch under a bunch of little twig bits. My first thought was costume seeing that stone sideways, but it was marked 925....score....Enjoy the pics and happy hunting! p.s. the Garrett Pro Pointer is awesome!
[attachment 133441 034.JPG][attachment 133444 028.JPG][attachment 133445 023.JPG][attachment 133446 029.JPG]

Lots of great finds ..Congrats !!

Congrats on all the great finds. That ring is a beauty.

WTG monk some great finds there!! Welcome back to the hobby good luck in future hunts!!!:thumbup:

Nice collection of loot. That silver ring would have had me jumping around. It sure looks like a valuable engagement ring at first!

Chris