Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wednesday Evening on the Pontoon!! Rain Squall !

Ron J

Tides are perfect all week,for evening cruising from my Dock. Today was a hot one! Had five of my crew,hook up,and depart at 6:30 tonight.Nice clear weather,unlike last nights Fog! As usual,headed out towards Beverly Harbor, following behind "Lightning",which i posted some photo's of on the "Tuesday" post. Couldn't catch up with her in time to see her fly off,but we had a good time,just enjoying the cruise,putting along. Tides have been flood tides,so just made it under the Kernwood Bridge,without having to drop the top.Its no big deal,just undo a couple of straps...next under the Railroad bridge,and the Beverly/Salem bridge into the Harbor. Everybody was having a great time,yakking like a hen house,but we had no hens with us!:D Sometimes its better that way,with no women on board,ya know what i mean? Have plenty of LIFE JACKETS on board,in case we found some Mermaids though!:D We all know "mouth to mouth" resuscitation,case a woman needs it on the beach too! Just in case! :D Cruising by the Jubilee Yacht Club,we continued towards Dane St. Beach. Chris,one of my Service Advisor's,has a house on the waters edge.I occasionally will cruise over,tide permitting,and give my AOOGAH Horn a chance to excercise,and get Chris to come aboard,for a quick refreshment,and a quick ride. Tonight he was harkened by my AOOGAH Horn,and came to the waters edge,but he had an errand to run.Too Bad...like i mentioned elsewhere...Snooze? You Loose! Oh Well... We now turned around to notice some dark,nasty looking clouds rolling in from up river,where we would need to return!! Rain? Lightning?? Rain okay..Lightning?? No No,not on an Aluminum boat... The wind picked up a bit,as the sky grew closer,then buckets of water,came out of the sky,like a dam was opened,blowing right at us.[attachment 65062 StormandtheCrew016.jpg] Its only rain...Well seems everybody turned Wimpy,scared to get wet..with all the liquid refreshments the guys had,:beers:you wouldn't think a little rain could hurt them?? Man, 4 of them huddled together like momma's little baby's.covering with my seat canvas's.:lmfao: Scott,the big boy,was sitting out front,collecting a lot of the rain,because of his girth! :D The rain lasted about 10 minutes.Enough to soak everyone.[attachment 65063 StormandtheCrew014.jpg][attachment 65064 StormandtheCrew015.jpg][attachment 65065 StormandtheCrew017.jpg] Then it blew over,and heated up again.[attachment 65066 StormandtheCrew018.jpg]Here they are laughing,at how wimpy they became,in the rain! Sky cleared, Rainbow appeared...Great finish to a beautiful cruise..[attachment 65067 StormandtheCrew029.jpg] We had a ball!!:thumbup:

Everybody is warm and fuzzy,with Scott rinsing out his t-shirt.:D[attachment 65084 StormandtheCrew022.jpg][attachment 65085 StormandtheCrew023.jpg][attachment 65086 StormandtheCrew021.jpg][attachment 65087 StormandtheCrew027.jpg] and maybe 15 minutes later....[attachment 65088 StormandtheCrew040.jpg][attachment 65089 StormandtheCrew041.jpg] What a great night with crazy weather....RJ

the sky. Bunch of guys doing guy things and it has to be a good time.

:thumbup:

n/t

all of you had a great time, but next time make someone take a photo of you and post it! That's the only thing about being the photographer all the time! You never know you are there! :)