Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

weather wasnt cooperating

rever5101

weather would only give up one coin so i hit the bank up and went roll hunting wheats----56d x2-40s--45--55d one 34 walker (score) & 3-40% silvers
Image1.gif

There are posters who might consider this subject off topic but I'm not one of them. My best detecting related coin roll story happened last year when I was going out detecting and stopped at the bank to make a deposit. The teller told me she had two rolls of old quarters she had been saving for me. I bought them and found one roll of mixed date pre 1963 Washington Qtrs and a roll of all 1963. Sure wish she had the roll that probably held the 64s too. My total outlay was 20 bucks. I sent her flowers.

I tried some roll hunting this morning too. No silver halfs. A few old Jefferson nickels and one War Nickel. Been a long time since I found a Walker in a roll. Nice finds!

Chris

[quote cwilk]There are posters who might consider this subject off topic but I'm not one of them. [/quote]Fear not, that poster is on hiatus:rofl: I found me a couple of Ben's yesterday CRHing. Here is the results from 2-$20 rolls I got last year.
[attachment 85330 ScreenHunter_03.jpg]

That was a good day! I sold about 5 percent of my silver holdings at just over $20 and ounce a few weeks ago on Ebay. Cleared out most of my larger bars. Plan on another 5 or 10 percent at $23-$25 if it ever gets there. You thought about selling any of yours? I've read a few of your CR posts on some other forum. You have great totals. I bet I've found 30-50 ounces but I don't keep track exactly.

Chris

i stick with half's (if i can get some)i got a credit union account just for getting them there cool though because they will order them for me in any amount everywhere else makes you get 250.00 at a time ,cant always afford that never had any luck with dimes & quarters but ill grab pennys & nicks now and then just for the fun of it
my half totals since i started 7- walker's , 6 - frank's , 11 - 64' jfk's & 24 - 40% jfk's out of 660.00
ps does anyone know how much the 40%'s ar worth or where to sell them?

[quote rever5101]i stick with half's (if i can get some)i got a credit union account just for getting them there cool though because they will order them for me in any amount everywhere else makes you get 250.00 at a time ,cant always afford that never had any luck with dimes & quarters but ill grab pennys & nicks now and then just for the fun of it
my half totals since i started 7- walker's , 6 - frank's , 11 - 64' jfk's & 24 - 40% jfk's out of 660.00
ps does anyone know how much the 40%'s ar worth or where to sell them?[/quote]Go to coinflation.com for current silver and gold coin prices. Check Kitco.com for selling.

Wow, that's awesome!

I used to work at a coffee joint when I was in my early 20's (not too long ago, hehe). And I would ALWAYS check the change when opening a roll or getting it from the customers.

I got a huge collection of silver quarters and halves and tons of wheaties and more. I also got a 5 and 10 dollar bill from early 1900's and some huge old 1 dollar bills.

It amazes me what people give away! :rofl: