Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weather was just great today and

Royal

I went back out to the pond that was dry last summer. I took my camera along and did a little kayaking. It is hard to hold the dang thing still in a breeze and a rocking kayak, especially since I was using my long lens but I got a few. I took a total of 250 shots and junked most. Love the digital camera :D

This first one is of the pond last summer.

[attachment 96096 ponddry.jpg]

This second one is of the way it was today, looking pretty much the same spot

pond3.jpg

There are a couple Ospre nests platforms on the pond and they sure don't like me getting near them. I took a lot of shots in burst mode but it is hard to hold the camera on them but I did get a few. This is one of them I liked.

Osprey1.jpg

There were a lot of Terns out there chasing bugs and I caught a few decient shots

pond1.jpg

pond2.jpg

There were a number of turtle nests up by the dam that had been robbed by some critter, probably a coon. I walked up there before I went out on the pond and it was ok but when I came back something had robbed it. I didn't really know there was a nest there but this is what I found afterward.

turtlenest2.jpg

turtlenest1.jpg

n/t

The pond looks great now. We have one here that drys up in summer. Often wild mallard ducks will use it to raise their young. By August its usually pretty low or empty.

Geo

There are a lot of places like that up here and they usually don't dry up. It ought to be great fishing in there in a year or two. Most of the fish were killed and now there will be an abundance of food and they will grow big. For a few years anyway