Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

we were in Roscommon this last weekend and

Royal

had a good time Kayaking the South Branch of the Ausable River.

Saturday after returning from the river Mary and I were on the deck, enjoying a nice cool adult beverage. It was just beautiful out and a thunderstorm had passed through about an hour before.

Back at the edge of the hill, our property makes a 80ft drop there to the back of the property and the deer have several runs along it. They will follow the deer run and then come up to see if there is anythng to eat.

Mary saw some movement. She said, "There's a deer" and if she had not seen some sort of movement she would have never seen it. It is in the first picture, center and at the back, near the break in the hill.

It was just standing there with its ears searching the area. It could obvously see us but we were not much of a threat but there was something else bothering it.

The second picture, I think, shows a closer picture of her. I might have the pictures mixed up a bit.

Just then three yearlings showed up. Ususally there are seven that come in together but we figured the fawns had dropped and they were rather protective of them. The little babies usually stay hidden as the doe come in as they don't eat corn yet.

The big doe came in then. She is sorta ratty looking as she is losing her grey winter hair and the golden summer hair is coming through. She was feisty as hell and kept striking the yearlings with her front hoofs.

Finally she ran off the yearlings and was eating. Mary reached for the binoculars and looked in the pines. "There a baby" she exclaimed!! Where says I but I could not see the little sucker. I looked through the glasses and there the little guys was. Cuter than a bug.

I shot a couple long range pictures of it, which all sucked, and then eased down on the lawn for a better shot. Mamma ran back to the hill when I did this. I walked to the edge of the lawn and she snorted and came toward me a few steps, obvously a little testy. The fawn looked her way and quickly lay down in the ferns. Mamma had given it some signal.

I went back to the porch, even though I probably could have walked right up to the little guy. When mamma tells them to stay put, they stay pur but I didn't want to stress them.

I hope you enjoy the little guy as much as I did. The picture sucks but it was hand held telephoto and not very sharp.

n/t

n/t

Our yard is on their regular route from the river to the state land. There never has been a day they have not visited, even with company.

compared to where I am right now, it is heaven. Espacally during the week.

On weekends there are a lot of people on the river but there are so many bends in it that most of the time it feels like you are alone.

We are far above the river so the only people we hear are the loud mouthed boys that are tryin to impress the airheads. Geesh, was I ever that stupid??:blink:

In the evenings there is absolutely no noise as we set on the deck, other than nature. I was telling Mary that I am gonna take a recorder out there and record the birds. It is as good as those nature tapes you can buy.

My bedroom is about 250 ft off the road and it is a private road so there is no noise from there. Saturday night there was a big owl outside the bedroom window that kept me awake for a short time but I liked that.

It is a different world

it helps tell the story.

It is always relaxing to watch the wild animals. Thanks for sharing with the Forum, and please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

nice wildlife scene!

Dave

n/t