Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We went for a hike

Royal

This was down in the Waterford area. There is a nice nature trail out there that gets little traffic and we enjoy it. We hiked out to a small lake and since I was taking pictures of what ever I saw that interested me, Mary arrived first.

[attachment 96879 Marybench.jpg]

We were setting there and watching the sky. It looked like it could start raining and I was a little concerned because of the camera. I saw these beautiful clouds and saw a huge hawk or buzzard, it was too far away for me to tell. I thought the clouds were beautiful and took a shot. The second picture of the bird is just taken from the original.

[attachment 96880 hdistant.jpg]

[attachment 96885 hcloseup.jpg]

It is a very marshy area and I saw a spot that was beautiful. I took this picture but am disappointed with it. It sure doesn't do the scene justice at all.

[attachment 96882 marsh.jpg]

I figured I had better throw in a bee I saw for Fred :D
[attachment 96883 bee.jpg]
[attachment 96884 beeface.jpg]

I noticed a wasp nest up in the peak of the roof and I may knock it to the ground and try to get a bee photo.

You live in some beautiful country for taking pictures....it is so green up there. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Just knock down their nest and ask them to pose :D

Send us your hospital room number:thumbup:

n/t

n/t

It's the southern most point in Canada. The monarchs (butterflies) migrate from there every year for the winter............literally millions of them. I'd say come down and check it out some fall day but you don't like Canada. :rolleyes:

I like those wooden paths that go out in the marsh lands. Some of the guys in this area have put Geocaches out on those spots where Mary is sitting. They do the match ones and hide them under it or in a corner. When I first started doing the caches, I went after one and my gps was showing it 20 feet away. I got to the end and saw this stump, except it was out in the marsh with water all around it. Well no point in letting it get the best of me. So out I went on the little marsh islands of grass about as big as your foot. After falling off of most of them and wet anyhow I went to the old tree stump. Not there. As I looked back at the dock platform I came from I could see this bright orange stick matching carrier hanging off the bottom. Naw, that couldn't be it....... It was..... Good lesson there for me. Once I was right on top of it the GPS went nuts.... I had borrowed the GPS, and Lowrance and was not really sure what it was telling me. Always good things to take pictures at around those areas for sure. Been flat out there but hope to take some more pictures myself this week......

Thanks for post. Geo

dipping at Pt Pelee in the early 60's. That was a ball

I always let my GPS average when I hide a cashe before I posts them

I went out to check one of mine on the Cut River today and it is gone. I have to make up a new one now and rehide it....

a nature trail near us. It's called Campbell Valley Park. Kinda makes me want to take my new camera and go for a walk. Thanks for the pictures
but next time get a little closer to Mary so we can see her. Cheers.

Nice photos.

If you can get hold of a "ring flash" for your camera it will assist you it illuminating the most detailed details. It is a flash that fits 360 degrees around your lense and has a cable that goes into the camera. This allows it to deliver a regulated amount of light in macro conditions. It's great for taking photos of all kinds of small stuff needing a little fill flash.

Keep it comin'. Have you taken your hookah out this season yet?

aj