Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We paddled the Cut River today and it was a fine day

Royal

The temp was perfect and there was enough breeze to keep the bigs away.

The Cut is a slow, shallow river that gets too shallow to even kayak in the summer. There are deep holes holding smallmouth bass but between them the kayaks will drag bottom. Not many people kayak or fish it and the bass are huge for Michigan.

The water is extremely high right now, up two feet and that is a first for me.

I took my camera along and shot some random pictures, nothing special but I wanted to share them with you folks. I had a bald eagle fly right over my dang head but was did not have the camera ready :( No big deal for you folks in the northwest but a big deal for us in Michigan.

I set the pictures up in a slide show and hope it works for you.Cut River

The first picture is my trailer setup. It carries my scooter and two kayaks and a canoe if I wish. The lake is Marl Lake where we launch the kayaks. A short paddle across it and we enter the Cut River. It is a four hour float and my butt can take little more than that!

That is a beautiful area...would love to fish that river. A few questions: what were the purple colored flowers with the butterfly? Were those flowers some type of Iris? In one of the pictures there appears to be a red colored house or something in the background, what was it? One of the pictures showed something that looked like a pallet type raft with something piled on it, what was that? Thanks for posting this picture story, interesting to see what it is like up there in Michigan...everything is so green. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

it was just a quick shot as I drifted past, as were most of the others.

On that streatch there are two old cabins and that red roof is one of them. This picture is to give you an idea of the twisty river it is. IN is were we launced and OUT is where we got off the river.

[attachment 94698 CUT.jpg]

are harmless. Michigan has only one poisonous snake and very few people that live here have ever seen one. I have caught them but I was out to catch them.

It was a nice day but with the rain we have had lately the water was high and full of tannin, which makes it look like root beer. The cut is usually as clear as gin.

Paddling a kayak in those conditions is a no brainer. Very easy

i can't believe you took such great photos while following that little blonde girl around, great concentration? Or age?:rofl:

In google earth it sure shows how much it twist. If it were straight it would be 1/2 the distance, but less fun for sure. Looks like a great spot for just enjoying nature and one another,s company. Thats for the ride. Geo

Terryl has been bugging me to go out and try it. When I feel that the cabin [or cottage as the easterners call it] is done, or at least far enough along, then I will take a few days off!!

Calm seas

Mikie

...taking their deck boat down the caddo. :lol:

Right now, they're in the "Elvis Mobile" headin' for Destine--lucky dogs!

aj