Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We need an M6 forum

ghzcss

There are a lot of people out there hunting with the M6. They have M6 specific questions and comments. We need an M6 forum here. All in favor. Let the guys here know and maybe we can get one going.

HH, Mike

I am new to this forum.. as I said in my other post new to the M6. I went to a small new park and only hit on a dime and a penny. a lot of iron and hot rock readings.. Sure need some advice.

Mike.

Will get my new M6 Monday, I'm sure I for one will have a ton of questions, would like to see an M6 forum very much. Will be praying for it:usaflag::csflag::clap:

I agree - just got a M6 and have been out for a couple hours so far. Found some good stuff too! Would love to have a users forum like MXT has...

YES! After 3 months every time I use my M6 I still find things to ask about. It would be great to have an M6 spot especially with sounds!!

Perspective aka Tom

First and foremost, you can get plenty of answers right here on an excellent White's Main metal Detecting Forum. What M6 users have to do, like everyone else, is ASK questions and include needed specifics so others can supply some helpful answers.

There's another reason, too. That is the slow or sluggish acceptance for the M6. Let's face it, the M6 is touted (by many avid White's Dealers) as being essentially an MXT with a few things eliminated and a Tone ID feature added. The Matrix M6 has a suggested retail just $100 less than the MXT which is a proven unit with a lot more to offer in the way of performance and visual TID information.

The Matrix M6 was introduced quite a while ago, by some standards of observation, yet is really just getting a fair amount of Forum print. Minelab's X-Terra series, which came with one model, the X-Terra 50 and was quickly followed by the X-T 30 and now the X-T 70, is just that. A "series" that was quickly accepted, got a LOT of talk and action on the Forums. Far more than the Matrix M6.

But you don't have to have a "series" if it is really that popular. Heck, look at the Garrett Forum and you'll see that a simple, turn-on-and-go $250 (suggested retail) model has virtually captured all of the Forum discussions since shortly after it was released. Far more, and I mean FAR MORE, than ANY White's model has.

I think the M6 owners can get all the valuable help they might need or want right here on this forum. I mean, really, in a way if is just a lesser-featured MXT in many ways, even though it is also a little bit different. I don't think there is enough serious interest in the M6 to support the idea of a separate forum just for its users.

Just my opinions, but I have looked at the relatively few M6 posts (by comparison) and note that those who might benefit from some 'help' would really simply be better off with posting Q&A's on this or the MXT forum.

Monte

PS: I tried the Matrix M6 enough to know that while it is an 'OK' detector, it isn't anything magic, nothing that is a noteworthy advancement of anything else they are doing, and could have been named MXT Junior. It didn't impress me enough to invest in one and I am waiting for White's next upper-end replacement. I hope they get bring us something good. I hated to see the Classic series and the XL Pro go, and I am going to miss the XLT, but we can always hope that there's something special in the works from on of the industry's finest manufacturers.

I have a M6 and hope I have it for quite a while. Very good detector that is simple and gives lots of info, tones and numerical id. and very powerfull. Dont know why you would need more info to stand around and bicker about digging or not. Great coil selection, I use it with a 4x6 shooter most of the time. Just because a certain detector hasnt been taken into the fold of a few people and hyped up to sell like its magic or something, does not deem it is not worthy of a "special" forum. Don't matter to me either way, use what you have and dont worry if it is not classified as the "in thing" right now. They all go to the sell board sooner or later for what ever reason. Just trust your own judgment on how you feel your dector performs instead of blindly following anybodys opionions on the net, mine included.

It certainly is a model that, in my opinion, might be a better pick for many typical "coin hunters" than some other White's models. It has some qualities I like over the MXT, but you have to admit that, for only $100 difference retail, the MXT does offer a number of added features & functions.

I hope you're right and you will have your M6 with you a long time and working hard to reward you! :) It is an easy to learn and use model and can provide ample performance for most applications. One thing I really like about the introduction of the M6 was that there were plenty of coils, especially a good smaller coil, already in place for it.

It didn't get the fan fare, however, and one thing that I have also noted is that a good percentage of Matrix M6 posts from those wanting to learn also seem to lack much in the way of questions. You can sort of tell some would like to learn more or pick up some 'secrets' along the way, but I haven't really seen many posts with clear questions. I wonder just how 'accepted' the M6 has been for White's? Nothing wrong with having a model-specific forum, I just didn't/don't think there's a high enough M6 following on all the forums to really support it.

Good luck with your Matrix!

Monte

I think the fact that folks are interested in a M6 forum has just as much to do with sharing finds and general discussion about the model as it does with asking questions and getting answers. If all people had were questions, then there wouldn't be a need for ANY specialized forums at all.

We are all entitled to our opinions - but just because you didn't find the detector to your liking doesn't mean others feel the same way.

I think that most folks know its a stripped down MXT. But there are plenty of folks that don't need or want the functionality of higher, more expensive models. Also, the ground swell of interest may not be as great as some other models. But it only became available a few months ago. And what a separate forum would allow for is fans would be a place to discuss the model without others having to page down to other topics that interest them.

I also feel its probably unfair to compare the popularity of the M6 with that of a considerably less expensive Garrett model. A LOT of people can afford an entry model and often have a tons of questions as they are just starting out detecting. The M6 demographic is likely a little different.

Bottom line - I would support a separate M6 forum - really, what would it hurt? Heck, there's a separate bottle collecting forum - and that one doesn't have many threads or posts. Bottle collecting's not my thing - but if folks want to talk about it I say more power to them. Since I'm not interested it that, i don't visit it. You could do the same thing with the M6 forum, Monte.

In short, I think there have become too many model-specific forums and many newcomers might not learn as much about the hobby in general and techniques and performance weaknesses and abilities of their model as well as many detectors.

I also feel that, unless there are a LOT of people using a specific model and actively posting useful information, a model-specific forum will often become rather slow, boring, and lose interest. many who might have wanted to have it or to use it seem ignored and some will perhaps lose interest in the hobby in general. I know that happens because through the years I have had E-mails from several people who felt that way when they had one main unit and the specific forum had dead times. They felt ignored or perhaps rejected. Then it becomes a personal thing.

I simply stated my opinion that I don't feel, at this time, there is enough interest in a model-specific forum to capture and retain a lot of interest for it from active M6 users. If someone starts one and it becomes a real magnet for those who use a Matrix, fine. It has nothing to do what a model I might or might not like. I am only basing my opinion on what I see and what I think.

Monte

Monte, is not the Quattro a stripped down Explorer, and a detector with a limited following. If you talk to a Minelab dealer, they almost never mention it. It's always the Explorer or some other model, yet the Quattro has it's own forum. I'm not knocking the Quattro, but I think that Quattro users would be just as well served being on the Explorer forum. Possibly we may need just a forum for the newer Whites detectors, like the M6 and Prizm series just as the Fisher Coinstrike, Edge, Excel Forum.

Personally, I'd like to see one big forum. Otherwise it gets too fragmented. We can all learn from each other no matter what the make or model.

I agree that there may not be a need for a specific forum for the M6. But as an Old Newbie not familiar with any of the latest technology in any brand of detector. Speaking for myself I don't know exact questions to ask.
For one I know it is a learning curve to recognize and distinguish the tones from trash or nickel or small rings. When to dig or not to dig, I guess that is the 64 thousand dollar question. I know that even if I had bought a XLT or DFX I would still be lost on what the ID is showing and the changes in VDI and the tones.... and what questions to ask.
Again "TO Dig or Not to Dig"
Thanks for all the comments... I did not mean to start an up roar on the M6... from the research I did it was the best unit for on and go operation. I hope I can learn some of the "Tricks" of the M6 to make me a better MDer. When I went out yesterday I concentrated on the sounds of the different tone (single tone mode) and I did find a small silver ring. Like I said it is a learning curve and practice may not make me perfect but it will make better at MD's.

Thanks again
Mike... HH

they are not the same critter!

They use the same coils, they both weigh more than I care for and are quite nose heavy, and they both 'feel' the same ... but they do not perform the same, at least not from using the 7 Explorer's I have owned or the two or three Quattro's I have played with.

The Quattro & Explorer users might benefit from an FBS oriented forum, and all the Sovereign model users might like a Sovereign or BBS forum, and the users of the newer digital Fishers that work somewhat similar might get some good info from a forum about those types .... so, the Matrix M6 users can just glean a little from the MXT forum, or I think the best thing would be a White's forum, such as this one.

Let's face it, there are way, way too many forums for us to all keep in a 'favorites' section and visit with regularity. Now, if Gary decides to start up a Matrix M6 forum, fine, I will figure I didn't have a good picture of the true interest in the one-model "Matrix series." But I can only see the real merit in doing one only if there were more models in that series to justify sharing though and discussion on them.

Sorry if I ruffled a feather or two, I was just adding my opinion. :|

Monte