Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We had some visitors from England here today so we took them on an adventure...

Micheal_R

Staff member
We went to Goat Mountain and picked huckleberries, drank in the view and took a few photos.. It was a great time.

Hey Royal, look familiar??? :)

Sunny skies, calm seas

M[attachment 7027 woolybear74.jpg]My first attempt at a close up on an insect. But luckily, they do not move very fast

I can see why you seldom leave that area. I really enjoy the mountains....Noe where I live, but enough about 3 hours away. Nice little slice of heaven there.

Swampy

the visibility was wonderful......probably 80 to 100 miles. This view was looking north and just around that corner, is where royal, Wayne and I spent a few good hours searching out those old treasures last year.

Sunny skies, fair winds

M

It really was a good day to go out and explore.. :)

sunny skies
M

not snowcapped! We have a beautiful state and maybe some of you will come our way and visit. Much better in late fall or winter, which are mostly very mild here! :)

simply put, Beautiful!

Dave

Just COOK something edible!

Typical English Meal - :ukflag: - Eggs, Sausage and Bangers
[attachment 7101 britishfood.jpg]

Typical American Meal - :usaflag: -BBQ!!!

[attachment 7100 Americanfood.jpg]

Typical Canadian Food - :canadaflag: - After hours on the web, THIS was all I could find... :(
[attachment 7102 canadanutrients.jpg]

Quotable quote...

"In Canada we have enough to do keeping up with two spoken languages without trying to invent slang, so we just go right ahead and use English for literature, Scotch for sermons and American for talking." -- Stephen Leacock

Mike promised me that he would take me up to that spot next month!! I am sure looking forward to it

Beautiful country and fun people.....Pretty good combination. Enjoy and no need to say take lots of pictures, thats a given with your trips.

Swampy

n/t

n/t

wow---what a view---just as the sands of the hour glass, so are the days of our lives

thanks, for posting those pics
wow

n/t

n/t

Long before any liquor board was created to take alcohol under its benevolent wing, Jamaican rum was a mainstay of the Newfoundland diet, with salt fish traded to the West Indies in exchange for rum. When the Government took control of the traditional liquor business in the early 20th century, it began selling the rum in an unlabelled bottle. The product might have remained permanently nameless except for the influx of American servicemen to the Island during World War II.

As the story goes, the commanding officer of the original detachment was having his first taste of Newfoundland hospitality and, imitating the custom of his host, downed his drink in one gulp. The Americans blood-curdling howl, when he regained his breath, brought the sympathetic and curious from miles around rushing to the house to find out what was going on. The first to arrive was a garrulous old American sergeant who pounded on the door and demanded, "What the cripes was that ungodly screech?"

The taciturn Newfoundlander who had answered the door replied simply, "The Screech? Tis the rum, me son."

Thus was born a legend. As word of the incident spread, the soldiers, determined to try this mysterious "Screech" and finding its effects as devastating as the name implies, adopted it as their favourite.

The opportunistic liquor board pounced on the name and reputation and began labeling Newfoundland Screech, the most popular brand on the Island, even today.

n/t

n/t

I am buying a new camera, I think. It is a video camera and has a 30 gig hard drive. 7 and a half hours of DVD Quality video without off loading. It will do stills at 1.3 meg too.

Mikie don't stand a chance!!