Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We had a pretty good time this weekend, even if it was a little chilly

Royal

up in Roscommon.

As soon as we arrived I checked the feeders. I had filled all the Oriole and Hummingbird feeders and also the Sunflower seed feeders the week before because I figured they would be coming north pretty soon.

I checked them and they were half empty. I have two Oriel feeders and four Hummer feeders so I knew I had done it just in time. In fact as I walked up a Grosbeak was there waiting for his seeds.

I had a bunch of nectar mixed up and started filling the feeders when Mary said that I had company. I looked over near the bird bath and there were 7 deer a watching. I walked to the garage and got a coffee can of corn and I talked to them as I slowly walked to the area where they were. They backed off a bit and I tossed the corn out and returned to the bird feeders. Within 5 minutes they were at the corn. I unloaded the truck and decided to mow the lawn and they sure didn't like that rider cranking up and fled.

I changed the gas filter the next day and then planted a bunch of plants my mother had given me. I just got them in the ground and didn't really care where. I get up there permanently and I will put them somewhere else. I plan to put in a fairly large garden pond and will probably put them in that ares.

We went Kayaking on Sunday and it was just about perfect. It was a bit cool but there was very little trash in the river and that gave me time to enjoy the wildlife.

I was paddling along and saw a beer can and headed to shore to grab it and when I approached the shore a mink came a trotting by with one of its young in its mouth. Must have been relocating the litter. She acted like she didn't even see me and I was not but 15 ft away, if that much.

There was a hatch going on and the trout were rising all over the place, to the thrill of the fly fishermen we passed. All had been experiencing action and having a good time.

There were several large groups of young people on the river. It is usually not a problem as the river is not what you would call a drinking river, no rapids and pretty shallow. There are so many curves in that river that you rarely ever saw anyone else. Most of them were in canoes and very few had a clue how to handle them. In our kayaks we just passed them and were on our way.

I always get a kick out of watching them as they pass us when we have stopped for a shore lunch. I usually just stop in town for a sub and we eat it on the bank somewhere.

Those kids don't have a clue what they are doing when paddling a canoe and it can get hilarious watching them go from one bank to the other. It is a 4 hour trip and some of them have to take 6 hours or more.

All in all it was a great weekend and even having to spend 720 on a fuel pump did not dampen it for me. I am looking forward to moving up there this fall. This summer if I get lucky.

a fuel pump. We had "drop in" company all day long. I was a bit puny, but I got to watch the others have a good time! :)

Only thing that could have mede it a [little] better was a bit of detecting :) :) :)

all the best

M

I'm still tryin to get my lawn mowed. Durn grass grows so fast now, I could just walk back and forth in the same spot and not get done! :lol:

Dave