Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We are the branches...

Sgt. Silverman

With the world spinning out of control with evil, we are all constantly bombarded with some form of negativity daily or weekly. Whether it's the news, watching the tumultuous stock market, hearing how our rights are quickly getting stripped away as American citizens, or just being persecuted for being a Christian by a close family member, friend or stranger, we all endure some form of hardship.

At times I look about and focus my attention too much on that which is befalling the world. Much like Peter who took his eyes off of Yeshua and he began to sink, I too feel like I am sinking at times. I am then reminded of John 15. The whole chapter. I am a branch. Jesus Christ is the vine. God is the gardener. I may not be able to change the world, but what I can do is bear fruit of the Lord. Knowing this I am comforted.

God knows whats going on in this sick and fallen world. When I read how he sent not 1, not 2, but 10 plagues he is not messing around! He delivered Jericho into the hands of Joshua "with a loud shout". A loud shout. A loud shout brought down walls! We have an extremely mighty God! And then he sent his only Son to die for our sins on the Cross. What a loving Father we truly have indeed. He does not sit by idle. He knew from the very beginning of time everything that would be happening. He has not abandoned us.

So I ask all of you, what can we do during these troubled times? Ephesians 6:12 says we battle not with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities. In other words, it is a spiritual battle and the devil is a bully. But it is verse 18-20 that says: 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

So, although it may feel like that we can do nothing with what's going on around us, that is not true and the lie of the enemy. We can do something. We can pray. You and me and all of our Brothers and Sisters out here on this forum in the name of our Mighty Lord Jesus Christ. I'd like to propose forming a prayer team where we all go to our prayer closets once a week on the same day and at the same time for one hour. One hour of dedicated prayer time. We can pray for our country. We can pray for our leaders. We can pray for our families and friends and the intentions of our Brothers and Sisters on this forum.

Now, I know everyone has kooky schedules so it may be difficult for all. I know weekends are family time and the work week is pretty hectic for most, but would ending the work week in prayer as a team on say a Friday night at 7 pm work for most? Would love to hear everyone's feedback.

Thanks everyone for your time in reading this lengthy post, and have a very Blessed weekend.

Greg

Not sure everybody will be able to commit to the same time? Maybe all will be able to set aside a certain time that works for them?

Very good post. I'm not sure I'm the time. But we all need to praying.

Thanks Mike and Travis:) I just wanted to throw out a time and date to start the conversation. I'd need to adjust my Friday night around if people wanted to actually commit to 7pm, but I thought it would be great for as many people from the forum as possible to be praying at the same time.

I'm open to suggestions if people are open to the idea. :)

Thanks Greg, I am willing to make a specific time to pray together, but would have to write the time down and remind myself as I am very forgetful these days but I also could make a time for myself and be praying alone, as I do at different times on FB and pray with others who need prayer for one another and for our nation! God hears our prayers whether together or we each pray at different times! God Bless America and Please Lord Jesus hear our prayers and be merciful for we need You everyday to comfort and give us Your joyous strength to endure and overcome the evil times that're upon us now and that are to come! Amen! :angel: Ma

I'm also willing to be willing. Name the time, day, etc and I'll do my best to pray with you. Thanks for the wonderful article brother.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Since I've proposed the idea why don't we do this;

Everyone that would like to participate if you could PM me the times and days that work best for you I'll be able to cross-reference everyone's times and days as well and propose a schedule for the team. (I'll try to post as many options as possible that line up for folks and then we can take it from there.)

Please PM me with any questions if you'd like as well. Thanks and have a Blessed week :)

Greg