Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We are going to have a "fun" weekend down here in South Texas.................

Kelley (Texas)

Yesterday was Debbie's birthday and we are going out to a fancy cafe to eat lunch and then over to the kid's home for cake. We let Debbie choose where we would be eating and I think that catfish is on the menu. I have polished my boots, knocked the dust off my favorite cowboy hat, my dress denim shirt is hanging on a hanger in the closet, and the new bottle of "Old Spice" is fixin to be put to good use.

Later today, I will be changing the oil and filter on the bike for a planned ride out on the back roads of South Texas tomorrow. I have not decided yet where the bike will take me tomorrow...maybe back to D'Hanis, Texas to finish taking pictures and gathering more information about that old town. Another choice would be an old ghost town out near Medina, Texas...I hear tell that not much is left of that old town but a few scattered buildings and some cows in the pasture where it is located. Wait, I wonder if I should go over to the old town where Gator Man killed all those women back in the 1930's...fed them to his pet alligators in a pit he kept out back of his ice house. As a long shot, maybe I should ride out and look for the old bank building hidden just south of the old town named Sutherland Springs, Texas...learned about this a few weeks ago. A old man told me that some of the walls of the bank is still standing along with part of the vault with the rusty door still attached. He wrote directions for me, but it is kinda confusing to me.

Yes, this is going to be one exciting weekend...fun day with the family and then a good, interesting ride on the bike. It will be especially fun to ride the bike now that the smell is finally gone...say, don't ever ride behind a tractor trailer truck hauling cattle, bad things happen! Well, Debbie is yelling at me, said that I used all the hot water when I took that shower a little while ago...never a dull moment around this house. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

sure would be nice to share your adventure if only through your story and some pics hopefully. A very happy belated birthday to Debbie :clapping:, she is so lucky to be the wife of a wise man like the rest of our wives:thumbup: you lucky guy!

the fall, spring and summers up here.

We are suppose to get another 8 inches today :(

I could sure use a bike ride. Mary just called and said she is gonna check with AAA about a cruise. I better start hitting the tanner. It would be even better if I could afford a cruise:thumbup:

n/t