Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wayne or anyone

ojm bc

I was wondering if I buy a new disc for my computer, does it automatically set the sound card? I tried many things but
not solved my sound problem yet, mainly :) because have no clue... may have to spend a few bucks to get back on track.. but no rush really... oj

PS maybe have to find what type of soundcard was originally installed, then download a driver, but have no idea at all.
I tried the service.msc they appeared on, that was a very interesting tip btw thanks

right click on the speaker/sound icon at bottom right of your screen, select "volume mixer" and check to see if it is muted. No harm trying. What brand is your computer? I know you have windows Vista, is it Vista Home premium 32 bit?
You may have Realtec AC97 sound and drivers. Go to "add remove programs" in control panel and look for what may be your sound program, mine is IDL. because this is a Dell computer.
That may be a way to find drivers. Is your machine new enough to get tech support from the manufacturer?

Wayne this was bought a few years ago, intel pentium D, not sure of make. maybe those run of mill Acer? anyway will keep plugging before take to shop, sound is not something that can't wait. oj

Wayne I do see the "sound mixer" but does not activate one way or other? like it is turned off??

Hard for me to ask manufacture I have fiddled with the system a lot, all works but no sound, will try again once
in awhile gets tiresome.

the little bell icon below the sound mixer, if it is off or muted there may be a red circle with a red slash across it. Try clicking to see if it shows on/off/mute. Other than that i dunno, i often do not use the sound either:biggrin:

Maybe a speaker problem?

Mine quit on me, but I can still use earphones plugged into the "sound port"!

CJ