Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wayne, I have a question about that boat................

Kelley (Texas)

You mentioned ballast in that boat...what do you use for ballast? Is this the same thing that large ships do to make the boat stable? Years ago, I keep thinking that I read something about the old sailing ships using round rocks as ballast in the bottom of their wood ships. I assume that ballast helps to prevent the boat or ship from rolling over in the water? Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Fred, in this case the "ballast" is in the form of lead bars fastened to the ribs on one side below the deck. He added a generator which is heavy and made the boat tilt slightly to one side, this is more pronounced at speed, requiring either ballast or the installation of "trim tabs" to correct. It is not to keep the boat from flipping over, just to run level.
Wayne