Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wayne, how is the back doing today? Still having pain? :(

about the same. Not too bad and getting more flexible. I am keeping your advice in mind and waiting. Thanks again for that my friend:thumbup:

But I do know that it takes time... and like the fool that I can sometimes be, on my first time, I went back to work at the feed store the following day.. Not too bright. :):

fair winds

Mikie

Hey Wayne,

You're never too old to be "bone headed"!

The wise old Indian was right when he said, "Too soon old,

too late smart!"

CJ

He said that he was following the exercise instructions and then did a few things that he should not have done. He then had a partial return of the pain and called the doctor. He was given a pain killer prescription and he was told to stop the excise program for a week or so until the pain went away. He stopped the exercise program completely, did not tell the doctor. For the first month or two, he would do something that he should not have done and the pain would partially return each time. He finally stopped doing things that would provoke the situation and the pain finally went away completely as per se, but once in awhile he will really do something, like heavy lifting and hurt himself. At that time he will use a back brace and after a day or two, the back is OK. He said that if he is going to do something that might hurt his back, he will wear the back brace while doing it. It has only been six months since his operation. He said that the first month or two were not very pleasant...would have some pain, it would go away, then come back, then go away again...now it is gone as per se. You will just have to let it run it's course, but you should let the doctor know about it. I personally think what you are going through at the moment is normal...just take it easy and don't chase Carol around the house! :rofl: Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

work until you drop because thats how it always was. Then add in, if I don't do it who will factor, and here we all are in the golden years making the doctors wealthy.
Very few people I know that have not abused their bodies over the years lifting, pulling and yanking stuff that didn't move like you thought it was going to and you feel those muscles go. I know climbing steel, the battle cry was always get rid of the rig (crane). So all the stuff you needed the crane for was up, but the slightly smaller stuff was left in a heap on the ground to pull up on a rope or drag around all over the building. I never saw any of those cranes or chugger hoist in the hospital. As we set the steel on each floor, we would leave all the decking on each level in one corner and them spread it out later to weld down. Seemed the same when lobstering and pots were loaded with kelp, other pots or some clown set his pots over yours in 10 pot trawels or dragging for bait fish where you finally would split the net and pull half of it it becasue it swallowed something to big.... Yet , deep down I'd probably do it all over again all things being equal.

Another one of my friends Wayne, had a knee done 4 weeks ago and he had been limbing pretty good. When I saw him this Wed at the club he was walking pretty good again with no limp. All this stuff just takes time to heal.... I athough I was going to have to tie the wife up when she had her back done. She felt good and they wanted her pretty idle except for the excerizes for the first 6 weeks. Shorlty after that she was bouncing around like a gazelle and back on her horse.

Like everyone is saying, just take it easy for a little longer. I know its not easy, but for sure its in your best interest. You been in pain to long friend. Give it all the time it needs to heal. Heck you may be back out on those creeks again chasing that gold stuff.

George-CT

i have to be patient, remember that 60's poster with the Buzzard on the dead tree saying "Patience my azz! I'm gonna kill something!":biggrin:

Nice to have the info and i appreciate it Fred!:thumbup:

don't know any that are not kinda crippled up either, other than a couple Lawyers and an accountant. Will we be known as generation "C" for cripples?;) SOME Kids these days are known as generation "Y" for how they wear their pants:lol:

n/t