Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:wave: :wave: Crape Update!!! :) :)

Boy did we all sweat and get dirty the day we transplanted them. I remember Scott uprooting his waterline while wrestling with the neighbor's back-hoe!

But it was all worth it in the long run. This fall Tom and I will have to get me a sizable cutting off that puppy.

Good stuff, indeed!!! <><

Johnboy

washed up pretty good afterwards! Goodness, remember how hot it was? Also, the Lilac bush, and the azalea both bloomed this year. So, we did indeed do good! Moving them in the heat of summer did not give them much of a chance for a good start, but we had quite a few people rooting for us, both here and in heaven, don't cha know!!!

You and Lil Brother can get any kind of cuttings you want, and you know that! I did not do too well with Uncle Boodle and Aunt Nina's cuttings, though. I do not seem to have the knack for just "sticking it in the ground and it will be fine". That's what people tell me and all it does is kick after a week or so! :(: Oh, well, we try! ILY :)

heat can do to a person. Thanks, Keith! By the way, we are having a "cold spell" right now. I think it was only 89 degrees here today! B-r-r-r-r-r-r! :lol:

I have sat here looking at these pictures for several minutes before typing this posted message. That shrub is beautiful, hard for me to take my eyes off of it for some reason. Was this the only plant that survived the move to your home? Are you planning on trimming the shrub and letting it grow into a tree? Thanks for posting these photos and letting us know about the fate of this plant from your prior story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

I did not lose any of the five that we dug and transplanted. You were one of the people cheering me along, and I don't forget things like that. Actually, when we transplanted it, it looked like this, and it was about thirty foot tall. I am going to let it grow a few years, and then plan to let it become a tree again. If you look really close, you can see the base. I will attempt to bring up the old pic again.

I also posted a photo of the gorgeous azalea bush in answer to Johnboy! I would be happy to send you a cutting, if you like to mess with stuff like this! :)

swimming pool.do you get alot of unexpected company in the summertime:D.or is that your former place.

looks like they make a good privacy cover,if you would plant several more people probably couldn't see anyone at the pool.

The soil is the wrong type, not enough acid. I tried to plant some Dogwood Trees a few years ago at the home place, but they did not survive.

In another post, you were discussing starting something from a clipping...some folks use an old glass filled with thick mud to start the clipping on the road to making roots. Just a suggestion, it may work for you. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Do they have a nice odour?? I know that my mothers hoya [remember that jungle in the corner of the kitchen Royal??} is a constant reminder of her. And when it blooms, the beautiful smell permeates the whole house.

Sunny skies. clear water

M

great day, now we can see that pig pool along with them purty crape myrturtles--and when did u finally lurnt 2 post multiple pictures, Sunny:wiggle::clapping::clapping:

and it finally clicked. Now I am working with Photoshop and playing a bit with it when time allows. It's really a neat program and it will do a lot of things that I don't even know about yet. It's huge!!! I think I am going to find the "Photoshop For Dummies" book. That might help me a lot! Give Hayden a kiss for me!! :)

just the right direction, the sweet fragrance fills the air! I will always associate this fragrance with the history of this bush! :)

the kids. Scott and I installed it ourselves and was quite a project. Since I have been "under the weather" for quite a while, I have not been able to use it as much as I would like. But things are looking up now, and I am hoping in another month or two I will be able to swim laps again. I love to swim, and with arthritus, it's the only exercise that doesn't kill my joints. The kids all love it, and I love for them to come over and swim and enjoy themselves.

I did plant a row of six crapes at the back of the pool, red, pink, and purple ones. They do make a great break. In a couple of years, it will look so much better. :)

gave me a pink dogwood for my birthday year before last, and it seems to be doing pretty good too. The azalea from my old home place is the only one I have ever been able to get to grow. I do use an acid based azalea food on it every few weeks.

My roses look terrible right now. So hot, then much rain, now a bit cooler. I have to see if I can get them whipped back into shape! :)