Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:wave: Hi everyone! Sorry I have been gone so long, but

Sunny

sometimes things just cannot be helped. Has not kept me from missing everyone though. I have a lot of catching up to do. I am seeing a different set of doctors right now, and they are trying me on some pain patches. These are really quite different from having to take medicine by mouth, and I think I like this better. I am having some difficulty getting the correct dosage set right, but they are really working with me on this. If they are too strong, they make me feel like a zombie, but if they are not strong enough,...well, you get the picture. Hopefully, within about two more weeks I will have everything all situated.

This, plus a wedding being just two weeks away for our daughter, things are pretty hectic. It does not help that I cannot drive while experimenting with these patches. Seems there are never ending things to do to prepare for this one hour of bliss!!! I can remember my daddy trying to talk me into taking the money instead of a big wedding that "you will barely remember" as he put it. This was after he tried to talk me out of getting married to begin with. AH, how naive we all are when we are young, and perhaps do not make the best of decisions. He was right, you know. I barely remembered anything about that big day, I was so nervous. It was over in the blink of an eye, and the money would have probably been the wisest choice. But, just as I would not listen, neither will Cristin. One day she may wish she would have. All I wish for her is that she have as good of marriage as my mother and daddy had, stay married to this special guy she has chosen and understands how marriage is not always easy. Just happiness and love. Those two things matter the most.

Anyway, I am going to read a while, and try and catch up. Just wish all of you could be here, and wanted to let you know I am not gone for good. :) You can't get rid of me that easy ya know! :biggrin:

n/t

n/t

I think big weddings are just nuts. But that is me. I made it 22 years on a 20 dollar wedding. Many parents are still paying for the wedding after the kids are divorced.

Years ago I went to a wedding. It was a big affair. 350 guests and a set down prime rib dinner. I can not imagine what that cost the parents.

The mother came over to our table. She was pretty loaded. She said the daughter had been driving her nuts. The evening before, before the bloody wedding, she had come to her mother and said she still had not decided it she wanted to marry the groom or another guy. Can you imagine?? She married the intended groom but they were divorced less than a year later. She took her four month child, which looked like neither of the men and went her way.

It has gotten nuts

cake and punch afterwards. It could have been a LOT worse, but just one this size can make you nuts on a good day! We are just looking forward to getting back to normal,...........whatever normal is! :shrug:

Lord knows it's overdue. Post a few wedding pics too when you get the chance. We'd like to see them. :)......Good luck with everything !

is from his workplace because his home internet is not working either. I will tell them both you said hi. I will be back, will just take me a while to get in high gear again. :)

of driving themselves nuts over something that few will even notice. What kind of glasses to use and place mats and such.

You will never get well if you don't learn to relax and realize that things will still be fine if you don't do EVERYTHING. Most things just don't make a difference:wave:

I take a lot of them, 8 different ones, and this year ran into a glitch with them and still getting them back in balance again. For me its a mixture of heart and rejection drugs, couple with arthritis drugs, and kidney drug. Between them all they had been good then a problem came up, or so they thought, with my eyes, so they changed a lot of them. As often as you tell them, I'm on this and that, are you sure they are compatible, they do what they want, and we the patient suffer they out come. 8 more weeks and I should be back where I started. I went from not being able to not drive, and barely get around, till I stopped them all myself and just started coming back on each one till I found the problem one. Then the arthritis doc decides that all those were not the right ones so he changed them yet again., another 2 months of that and I dropped the meds and him. Got new doc that would listen, and am well on the mend now and doing pretty good. And I'm back on the meds I was on when this all started minus the one I questioned to start with.

It sure pays to keep yourself as well informed about your meds and condition as you can. Good luck with the new meds. ONce you get the right ones, they sure can make life a lot more enjoyable and pain free.

Geo-CT

n/t